Camera Names

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
themlruts

Camera Names

Post by themlruts »

So I have 2 Smart home cams. 1 is a doorbell and other is a flood light. The Device name on my NVR shows Front Door and CAM Name is Front Door. The Flood Light Device Name is Garage but the CAM Name is IPC.
I cant find anywhere to change this.
Any idea how to fix this? Firmware version V4.0 build date 2020-05-21
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Camera Names

Post by Revo2Maxx »

You will want to be careful in making changes to the Smart Home devices in other devices as things in the past have gone wrong at times..

First Welcome to the Forum

About changing the name you can Right click in the NVR GUI and then Main Menu, Then click on Camera on bottom left, Then you will see Remote Device on the left with a list of other items at the bottom of that list CAM NAME. Then in there you can see the list of your Cam Names and make a Change inside this list and that could then make that change inside the LIVE VIEW. However in most times this also will change the Name of the Said camera in its list under Camera OSD Name however in the Smart Home this isn't much that can be named outside of setting up the camera it normally asks what you want to name it and that is the name it will give

However for some there are names that can be Changed VIA the Smart Home App and making this change could make the change in your NVR as well.. So load the Smart Home App, Then click on the Picture of the Device you want to load, Then click on the COG the gear looking thing in the top Right, then click on the Device Information (Top Tab next to picture) Then click on Device Name, IN this area you might find a list of names for the device however the name should let you make a change without having to pick a pre made name.. Then make sure to Press the Diskette looking icon in the top right corner of the page and that should change the name and save to your NVR as well. (Should and it don't always)
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Also thought I would make a Short Video of doing this Change of Names Via the NVR's WebUI. So incase you don't normally log in that way you can Bring up Chrome, Edge or even IE with Plugins it does still work in IE...

Anyway made a video if you wanted to see how and where to get to it in WebUI that Video will also show adding a Custom name for normal cameras and Again I caution you on making changes in a Smart Home Camera via anything outside of the Smart Home app.. But thought this could be helpful to other cameras you might own if any that are not Smart Home and or others that might read this and want to make change in their NVR also with normal Cameras. I did a normal video and posted it to my Channel but then thought wait that wasn't a Smart Home product so I made a second video this one I took a ASH 21 off one of my Other Recorders and I added it to this NVR to make the change. Oddly enough CH10 is the nane it had so I changed it to ASH21 in the Video as a Fast short video how to make the Change VIA WebUI.. You can See this Video here I did cover my ASH21 because it is in a area that isn't needed to be seen by others out side my Family

https://youtu.be/gzW2cVLkbgw
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

OK Sorry about that..
In that video above that is the Ash21 only updated video.. However the text talks about where I did add in Custom Text and thought I should also link to that one in case people with the 2020 NVR FW wanted to do that they wouldn't have to look though my Videos trying to just find what my Text above said..

This is for the First video sorry if I confused anyone.. Again this is WebUI changing the Name of a Camera to display

https://youtu.be/zPVA5Saueco
Be Safe.
themlruts

Post by themlruts »

Thank you so much!!! It was making me nuts. Thanks so much for the video!!!!!