Camera ethernet connections to NVR

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
larkpty

Camera ethernet connections to NVR

Post by larkpty »

I have a NVR model NV2108E with 5 Amcrest cameras. Recently, I changed the WiFi router (TPLink for an Eero) and the images on the Amcrest View app stopped working. I was able to configure the new Eero WiFi router to work well with the NVR and all images have been working fine since May 2023.

Yesterday, I had to remove all ethernet cables coming into NVR from the cameras, as well as the cable coming from the WiFI router. This was done to allow for installation of new furniture. Though I labelled each incoming cable and its port, I have tried everything and have not been able to get all 5 cameras to show on the app again, only 1 is visible. These leads me to assume that other connections are fine (WiFi, etc); so it's not a connectivity issue.

I tried connecting several incoming camera cables to different Ethernet ports on the NVR, but finally lost patience in attempting to get them to work.

HELP ! Any ideas to resolve this will be very welcome.

Note: I didn’t do the original setup, have little documentation and have not been able to get in touch with that person. BTW, I only have a Mac.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Camera ethernet connections to NVR

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum..

So I will try to help you unpack your question as best I can to get your system back online.. First what I would do is Connect all the cameras back to the ports you have then labelled at. Then what is important is that you connect your NVR back to the Port of your Router. Meaning the cable that is for the router needs to be connected to the the NVR at the port for the Router and not into the cameras port. Being able to only get 1 camera could mean that it was connected to wrong port of the NVR and was the port shared with the camera. Most times there are different color code for different use on a Switch and with any luck the people (Person) that installed your system to start with has a different cable color or well marked cable going from Router to NVR Ethernet port...

Then before trying to get to NVR with your app, I would double check with your router, Log into your router and look at the table, Double check that the router has given access to the NVR to the Internet. Double check the IP address of your NVR. Using your Mac log into the NVR's WebUI... However if your NVR is older 2108E and not the 2108E-HS then you may need to use ASP for Mac. However if it is HS model and have 2019 FW or newer then you should be ok without ASP... Once you can log in to the NVR local using the IP address of your Network. You will want to click on the setup, Then click on Network then click on TCP/IP and at the top click on P2P and or it might be on the left bar at the bottom of the Network tab area depending on model.. If your system is not showing that P2P is online then you will want to make sure that the NVR has access to the INternet and that your router isn't blocking the Ports the NVR would need to work..
Be Safe.