Buzzer and Voice Prompts

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
jimrileysfarm

Buzzer and Voice Prompts

Post by jimrileysfarm »

Basic question about "buzzer" and "voice prompt" in the "More.." area of video detection..

Where does the buzzer sound? On the NVR itself or on the user's surveillance pro screen/workstation?

Where does the "voice prompt" sound?

I have a PC dedicated to showing all of my cameras full time and I'd like it to sound a buzzer or voice prompt when motion detection takes place.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Buzzer and Voice Prompts

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Buzzer is on the Recorder it self and when you turn it on for the first time you hear that beep that is the buzzer they are talking about on motion it can make that beep 3 times.

Voice prompt works with a speaker that you would connect to your NVR's audio out. This will need to have a Amp or some type of power to make it so you can turn up or down the volume for the output voice prompt. Like when someone is at the Front Gate you can have a Prompt say Motion at Front Gate. This way while your not looking at the screen you know where the motion is.

If you say have a lot of cameras lets say 32ch, or any but using 32 for this. You could lets say choose to have your Grid setup in 9 channel with your most common cameras in View, Then ones that are important we will say 12, 15 and 21 are cameras you want to know when there is motion because in general there shouldn't be any unless it was you kind of thing.. So when the camera gets motion by setting that channel up with Tour it will pop up that channel and you can see the screen after 5 seconds or what ever time you programed it to it will return to your 9ch view.

Outside of that, I am not going to get into how Complex the next part is or can be, But if your NVR or Recorder has Alarms in and out you can use them to help know what is going on as well. They can work in the same way as the Tour if you will.. Say the Recorder your using is like my 4216E-AI NVR, On trigger either motion or IVS it could be setup to flash a light or sound a siren.

One of the things for Alarms in, I think it is great for cameras that are running full time recording and no motion setup. However you need a Marker on an Event. So for me anyway. I have one of my Alarm inputs setup with a Switch that if I need or want a Time stamp I just press the switch and that make an alarm in event and when I want to later look over footage and want to view an event but don't want to watch 24hours of time or a long time of playback to find a point in my Recordings that is an easy way to do it.. Then the others are setup with Door Switches and one on Motion switch but yeah if alarm in and out could be used there are many ways to use them out of the normal.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jimrileysfarm

Post by jimrileysfarm »

You really know this stuff. Thanks. My NDRs are spread out over a few different buildings on the advice of our IT people to reduce our network traffic (across a campus with distances of up to a mile).

My objective: at the Amcrest Surveillance Pro work station, (away from all the NDRs), when a motion event occurs, make an audio announcement on the PC workstation. I'm assuming that's not what "buzzer" or "voice prompt" does.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Answered that above. It is on the NVR, Buzzer inside and speaker that would be connected to the NVR Audio Out.

Good luck
Be Safe
jack7

Post by jack7 »

jimrileysfarm wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:48 pm ...
My objective: at the Amcrest Surveillance Pro work station, (away from all the NDRs), when a motion event occurs, make an audio announcement on the PC workstation. I'm assuming that's not what "buzzer" or "voice prompt" does.
In ASP, go to System Config which is the gear at top of screen.  Set Event to Motion.  Then when any camera added to ASP has a motion event, there will be a voice prompt and pop-up.  You will have to experiment to see what happens when a camera attached to a NVR added to ASP has a motion event.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I was going to bring that up but I personally can't seem to get it to work on anything outside of my own recorders. I know that in the NVR if you choose the option of Notify Security Center it will pop up on ASP but working in the ASP where you have said @jack7 personally has not made any tones or alerts go off from within the software for me So I left it and keep waiting for AVP to get IVS update and might fix the ASP at same time I hope.
Be Safe
jimrileysfarm

Post by jimrileysfarm »

On my Windows installation of ASP, Gear > Events shows two check boxes ("Loop" and "Global Wave") above a drop down that features "Channel Event," "External Event" and "Device Event." When I set this to "Channel Event -- Motion" it gives me a path to a WAV file and allows me to test the speaker. It properly sounds "Motion Event" when I test the speakers, but none of the motion events on my set of cameras triggers this audio, even though they successfully trigger email alerts. What does "loop" and "global wave" signify? (Checking and un-checking them don't seem to change the system's behavior)
jimrileysfarm

Post by jimrileysfarm »

On the verge of getting this to work. The "events gear" screen has tabs reading "notify" "link video" "alarm output." If you check the "alarm output" auto-open, it creates a separate pop-up video when a motion event occurs and sounds the audio.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Awesome Glad to hear you finding something that works for you. As I said for me that don't seem to work even after your post I thought maybe there was something changed since last time I tried it so went to look and yeah that part of while it is there I can't get it to do anything for me..
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well that is strange. It has been over 2 hours and had many events recorded however just now I have had my First View Alert in ASP I didn't make any changes since I posted in my last post above. So it kind of works. I mean I have had about 20 motion alerts saved on my NVR for the camera I setup but while I was doing something on the Forum with the ASP window minimized had my first alert and was very strange lol
Be Safe