Bugs setting off my motion at night

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Oceanfrontview

Bugs setting off my motion at night

Post by Oceanfrontview »

Hi I picked up a NV5208E NVR and have no luck getting the motion detect to work at night.

Setting the sensitivity to 1 I would get like 100 notifications from my 4 camera in an hour. Setting it to zero and I don't get any notifications.
Bugs just see to swarm around the camera in pitch dark.

Tried different settings on the anti dither but it didn't help.

At a loss as to what to do.
Oceanfrontview

Re: Bugs setting off my motion at night

Post by Oceanfrontview »

What I ment to say was at a sensitive of zero I won't even pick up a person walking by.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So for most of my stuff i leave the 5 and 60 as default. However with your system being the higher end system I am not sure what the default was for yours. However I can tell you that the numbers you are working with are not going to work..

I would log into the NVR's WebUI using IE. I know that IE has been making people Click out and get left out without it after clicking on accept Edge. However if you are not able to use IE setup Edge for your IP to work what is called IE Tab. Then when you go to the IP address for your NVR it will load in a IE tab and always tell you to use Edge I just click out of the box with the X on the right.. However doing this and then going to the NVR's alarm and Motion Detection screen it might have the ability to see the Grid info and how it will work in the settings you have setup. However with my 4116E-HS, and 4108E-HS and a few other devices after going to the 4.0 software that Grid data is now missing. So then you might be able to still access your Cameras Motion Detection and there it still might have the feature. However if they are newer cameras they might have left them out. What I do know is that using Chrome or Edge normal that feature isn't there it has to be IE or IE Mode in Edge.. Below is a picture of one of my IP cameras and mine is a PTZ so I had to move it around to get the motion needed to even show up. However with my settings it will detect humans just fine all the birds don't set it off and that is fine because I have the camera recording full time on another NVR and setup motion for alerts on this one for push. All the alerts for yesterday was a human. Birds, cats and Racoons don't set off the motion.

Screenshot (4465).png
Screenshot (4465).png (339.88 KiB) Viewed 2962 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

On last thing. Setting a IR blaster or normal light for the camera off to the side or top of the camera area in to the area of interest will help with keeping the bugs down as well. Setting a IR at night camera to Color at night if you have enough light will also keep the bug issue away. That also works for the Humid nights, rain, snow all things that will set off your camera at night. It has a LED of any type IR or White on your camera all things will trigger at night..

That is the Plus of owning a AI NVR and Cameras. Using IVS or SMD on the camera and NVR will only trigger if it is Human or Vehicle.. So I am not sure as others have reported and shown pictures of a 5xxx series that worked with AI once a AI camera was added. I can't say that it would work on your model as they did have the 5216E-8P and could have been a Fluke that it worked. However if you happen to have a AI camera and added it to your DVR if you have a new AI tab then it will work being able to setup IVS rules and or SMD if your camera offered that.. However if you added a AI camera and you can see the Rule on the screen that is same thing that will happen on the 4116E-HS, 4108E-HS 4108-HS and others with 4.0 software on it. Down side is that there is no control or record ability to the recorder. However as I said in your case with the 5xxx series if you add one and on the Main Menu page you get a AI Tab then it will record using the AI features of the camera..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe