Browser plugins don't work?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
mod65537

Re: Browser plugins don't work?

Postby mod65537 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:36 pm

This is great, only it still does not work on a Mac.
IP config only shows real time videos, no playback. I cannot believe that they still rely on flash to run their stuff. Smartclient is quite stupid and does not find any of the 12 cameras that I have.

it's not like every single browser out there dropped flash out of the blue. It's been known for years.

I spent close to 1k to have a top notch security system. One problem I cannot access my playback since they POS software still replies on flash.

So amazon, here we come.

Crestcamcustomer wrote:Before we light the pitch forks and take to Amazon. I found the software! I think were just trained to go to Google and not to the source. The link below is the software to view amcrest cam from PC. There is also a mac link plus the usual mobile apps.

https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ca ... -Downloads

Had a run around for a long time myself.

sheldon

Re: Browser plugins don't work?

Postby sheldon » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:27 pm

I sure wish I had known about this software issue before I purchased my Amcrest NVR! Even Microsoft does not suppoert IE anymore and not working with Firefox pisses me off. Unfortunately I am past my 30 days and cannot return this NVR to Amazon.

Rant finished, has anyone from Amcrest responded to the complaints about modern browser support? The NVR is in a closet and I really do not want to have to go stand there to view anything.

Return to “NVRs / DVRs”