Browser plugins don't work?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
ElBrewski

Re: Browser plugins don't work?

Post by ElBrewski »

Firefox has decided to disable support for certain plugin types:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/np ... =inproduct

Looks like Amcrest will have some work to do in order to revise their plugin. They should at least acknowledge the issue on their support page though.
Thorprime

Post by Thorprime »

For what its worth, the firefox ESR still supports NPAPI plugins so users aren't totally out of luck yet...
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/o ... tions/faq/

FIrefox ESR is slated to lose NPAPI plugin support on May 2018 . If Amcrest still hasn't released either a new app/plugin OR new firmware that uses standard web API's (less likely as all older devices would need to be updated) by then, users will be officially SoL.
stevedaugh

Post by stevedaugh »

I have the same problems with my installation. With so many issues installing this plugin, why can't there be an "official" how-to from Amcrest support?
Arlene

Post by Arlene »

For those that dislike Internet Explorer and refuse to use it for anything (like me) Here is how to make the plugin work. The only other browser that I could find and I tried them all is FirefoxESR 32Bit. When you click on install plugin you must click on the puzzle piece and click allow it to run. Follow the instructions and options and it will work. I spent the better part of the weekend working all this out. Do not try to run the plugin on Firefox, FirefoxESR 64Bit it will only work with FirefoxESR 32Bit. The 32Bit ESR version runs fine on windows 10 64Bit. Also remember to make FirefoxESR 32Bit your default browser so it will work with the Amcrest IP config utitity. The IP config utility will still display an e but as long as you have made Firefox ESR 32Bit your default browser when you click on the e your camera will open and view in FirefoxESR 32Bit fully functional. I hope this helps.
moondawgie8

Post by moondawgie8 »

Try to use the Amcrest Webview extension in Chrome now. It worked for me. Have to run the extension shortcut separately from your desktop and then type or paste the ip address for your camera in the address bar. The plugin seems to be a security issue now in most browsers.
armalone

Post by armalone »

Webview was working on my Windows 10 system using Chrome with Amcrest Webview Extension. Since Microsoft update to their latest version 1703 all that I get now is a blank screen for both live and playback. It still allows access to setup on the camera so I know that it is communicating. It does not display video in the setup window for setting areas and sensitivity for event detection. I also see incoming data and CPU usage. Just nothing gets rendered on screen using Amcrest Webview. My QNAP NAS does display the live video as well as play back of events.
abqdan

Post by abqdan »

It's 2017 and things don't seem to have improved. I have downloaded and installed the plugin file for the current versions of Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer under Windows 10. NONE of them work. When I go to the log in screen, it still says 'please install the plugins'. The browsers actually show the plugins installed. This software appears to be very badly designed.
PeZzy

Post by PeZzy »

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... gikpedpilc

You have to install Chrome and you have to add and launch this application. Works with Windows 10.

Go into [url]chrome://extensions/[/url] locate the NACL plugin and select details. There an option to create a shortcut. Then you launch the App rather than Chrome.
armalone

Post by armalone »

Unread postby PeZzy » Mon May 22, 2017 3:39 pm

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... gikpedpilc

You have to install Chrome and you have to add and launch this application. Works with Windows 10.

Go into [url]chrome://extensions/[/url] locate the NACL plugin and select details. There an option to create a shortcut. Then you launch the App rather than Chrome.
I did as you suggested. Clicked NACL desktop icon and accessed camera IP. I get the same results as I get with Chrome/WEBVIEW. It does access camera web page but there is no video for either Live or Playback. Also no video in camera setup windows.

Al
smelton328

Post by smelton328 »

abqdan wrote:It's 2017 and things don't seem to have improved. I have downloaded and installed the plugin file for the current versions of Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer under Windows 10. NONE of them work. When I go to the log in screen, it still says 'please install the plugins'. The browsers actually show the plugins installed. This software appears to be very badly designed.

This is exactly my issue...what is this about and will it be fixed?