Black Screen/No Video Feed All Of A Sudden

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
thanksforhelp

Black Screen/No Video Feed All Of A Sudden

Post by thanksforhelp »

Not sure what went wrong but I've been using this system for a year, give or take a few months, and just a few days ago, all video feeds stop working and just get a black screen.

Everything seems to be working fine... system is still recording and streaming the feed but it's just black.
I've tried what I can find on the forums like rebooting/restarting, lowering the resolution, I've checked all the connections and everything seems fine.

The cameras just don't seem to connect. On the camera feed it shows the red "?" as well as the red recording circle.

Any ideas would be helpful and appreciated.

Thanks
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Black Screen/No Video Feed All Of A Sudden

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum...

So I am not sure I understand?
You say that it is still recording and working fine system is recording and streaming the feeds? So you are able to connect to the DVR/NVR over IE or Amcrest Pro App?

So what kind of Monitor do you have your system connected to? HDMI? VGA? (Have you Tried a Different Port on the Monitor? Different Screen altogether?) Different Cable? Taken the cable off and tried it on a different device?

Sorry for all the Questions I don't know what you have or haven't done yet so I only can go on what i would do with this problem you asking about...

EDIT: Please post back with Model of unit your working... Red Question mark could be Video loss.. NVR if your using did you seet your IP cameras to Static?
Be Safe.
thanksforhelp

Post by thanksforhelp »

I feel stupid but I was messing around the the cables and figured out the problem... plugged out the power source of the cameras...
Trish777

Post by Trish777 »

I’m having the same issues with my screen being black with a red ? On all 4 camera views. What did you have to do to get your cameras to come back on to view them?

Thanks Trish
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Welcome to the Forum Trish777

The OP had an issue with the Power supply. In your case it might be the same issue. If you have all your cameras go offline first thing to check is the Power Supply.. If it is a Wall Wort then make sure it is plugged in and providing 12vDC and if it is plugged in try unplugging all the cameras and add them back in 1 at a time. If you do this in the day time all cameras might come back online however at night when the IR comes on if there isn't enough current to power the cameras with IR it can go off again..

If it is an older system it could be that the Power Supply has gone bad. Most times it is an issue with the Main Caps in the power supply.

If it is powered by PDU and all cameras went off at the same time I would check the main unit fuse. If the system don't have a main unit fuse then the Main Power supply could be defective and need Repair/Replace...

James
Be Safe.