Audio during Live Display of Cameras on NVR

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Mark916

Audio during Live Display of Cameras on NVR

Post by Mark916 »

Hello,

I'm hoping to add 2 cameras to monitor my baby and toddler at night to an NVR, probably 2000 series or 4000 series and I'm wondering if I can listen to the audio of 2 cameras simultaneously in the live view (via HDMI output). Better yet, is there a way to pan the audio so that camera 1 could be in the left channel and camera 2 could be in the right?
jack7

Re: Audio during Live Display of Cameras on NVR

Post by jack7 »

For your stated baby monitoring needs, I suggest you also look at the $4 Tinycam Pro android app.   It has lots of function for baby monitoring including Background Audio for multiple cameras concurrently.  It also has NVR capabilities in Background Mode. 

Some comments awhile back from google search:
Q.  "...In other words, I want to listen to the camera's audio, even if my phone screen is off."
A.  From TinyCam dev:
"This feature is available in the app. In app drawer (left slide menu) enable 'Background audio'. Then switch on audio on camera and switch off the screen or leave the app. You should still hear audio.
Moreover, you can have multiple audio in background as well. Go to App Settings - UI & Behavior and enable 'Rec & audio in multiple layout'. Switch on audio for multiple cameras in live view and switch off the screen."
Mark916

Re: Audio during Live Display of Cameras on NVR

Post by Mark916 »

FANTASTIC. Thank you.