app is always showing failure to connect every other day

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
morganlp

app is always showing failure to connect every other day

Post by morganlp »

Lately, it seems that every few days, when I go to my mobile app it says failure to connect..If I unplug my DVR and replug up it always fixes the situation...it's just getting annoying having to do this every few days. What could be the problem? They work great when it's not doing this
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: app is always showing failure to connect every other day

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the Forum.

How long has it been since your Router was Rebooted? After adding a bunch of cameras it seems that I need to do it at least once a week. Some times more... Also do you have your DVR to auto Reboot weekly? Used to be able to go a long time without a Router Reboot.

What DVR are you using?
Be Safe.
morganlp

Post by morganlp »

Well actually I just rebooted it a few days ago.. I have ProHD 1080 8channel eight 2.1 megapixel (1920TVL) OUTDOOR IP67 bullet and dome Cameras, 2 TB HDD, Night Vision, Remote Smartphone access, Black Mid (AMDV10808-4B4D-B)
Yesterday, it said fauilure to connect, rebooted the system this morning, worked for a couple hours....now it's saying user is locked??
morganlp

Post by morganlp »

How do i set my DVR reboot weekly?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well for mine I am going to guess yours would be kind of the same...

Looking at your DVR Screen. Right Click mouse. Then click Main Menu. You might be asked for your Password depending on how you have your system setup. Then click on System under Settings, Then click on Auto Maintain. Then in that pane you can pick way day you have your system Reboot. Also you can in most cases also setup a Auto Delete of old Files. I have mine set to Auto Delete every 5 days. Make your changes and then Click Apply

However a User Locked is something you May need to get Ahold of Amcrest Support for help. Only time I know it doing that is if you try to log on to many times without the right Password.

Is your system setup as Port Forwarding or DMZ? If you have your system setup with P2P and bought the system used might want to make sure to turn off P2P until the person trying to Hack your system gives up... WHile I am not saying for sure that is what is going on but I have heard of people getting used things having issues with the old owner messing with the system...
Be Safe.