AMDVTENL16-H5 won't change to color

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
RGardner41

AMDVTENL16-H5 won't change to color

Post by RGardner41 »

My system is a DVR with eight AHD Cameras over coax cable.
When my old DVR failed, I bought an Amcrest DVR model AMDVTENL16-H5. I can get color on all my cameras by tweaking the Saturation and Equalization each morning, but I can’t get the ones in low-light areas to switch to color on their own as they did with the previous DVR.

1. Can anyone tell me how to get them to change to color in the morning?
2. Can anyone tell me what Cameras to buy to replace the ones that won’t change?
3. Do I have to buy Amcrest Cameras?

I've tried everything I can think of. I will deeply appreciate any guidance.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AMDVTENL16-H5 won't change to color

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am not sure what Cameras you are using however I know that when connecting a camera to one of my older systems (Amcrest to a non Amcrest system) it only would work in B/W Day or night..

So then that brings me to some of my other cameras.. I have some that have Toggles on the cables or in the Mother Board either way if the camera is a Multi Type selectable by switching maybe yours needs to switch to a proper Encoding type to make it work color at day time These cameras are normally called 4-1 camera and will work in AHD, TVI, CVI or CVBS modes...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
RGardner41

Post by RGardner41 »

Thanks for your input. I switched one of the problem cams from AHD to TVI. We'll see what happens.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

CVI is the normal Amcrest format. While some of the devices say they can work in CVBS and TVI it wasn't until I got my 7108-AI DVR that I found a DVR that would work with my TVI cameras..

So if your camera has CVI then you will want to maybe use that format only issue I have with my CVI cameras unlike my TVI ones there is not much in the way of OSD and no way to make my CVI cameras color at night like I can with my TVI cameras..
Be Safe
RGardner41

Post by RGardner41 »

Good to know! I'll make that change. Thank you!
RGardner41

Post by RGardner41 »

Hey! It worked! Instant gratification! No wonder the kids like it!
RGardner41

Post by RGardner41 »

I have now changed all 8 cameras to CVI, and they have all changed to color own their own two days in a row! Thanks again.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Glad to hear it has worked out for you..
Be Safe