AMDV8M16-H5 what is playback ability?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

AMDV8M16-H5 what is playback ability?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I have not been using 8mp cameras on this older DVR and thought I would turn it into a 24ch XVR. I removed 7 CVBS cameras and added in the IP cameras in the place. Turning on IP that adds 8ch to the 16 so this lets me have 1 Recorder to store a good chunk of cameras on my network. However today after about a month being setup this way I went to play back one of my 8mp cameras in the GUI.. Doing this in a Single channel Playback and I get an Error 3840*2160 Over Decode Ability? Oddly enough I logged into WebUI and was able to playback even the 8mp cameras but can't play them back on the DVR.. Anyone else have this issue? It is an 8MP Ip camera..

8M8-H5 or 8m16-H5 are you able to play back in GUI of 8MP Ip cameras?
Be Safe.
Pogo

Re: AMDV8M16-H5 what is playback ability?

Post by Pogo »

I've not tried with my 8M8-H5 but they spec a limit of 7fps with a 4K camera. I'll give it a try later and see what happens.

Which WebUI, btw? The DVR itself? If so, the stream res may have been lowered to display in your browser vs. what would otherwise be spit straight out to a display. Just thinking out loud...
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

No it was on the GUI.. As I said in the WebUI I am able to playback the 8mp file just fine. I just can't playback from the DVR GUI
Be Safe.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

I'm afraid I didn't have as much time to experiment as expected, but I did manage to get a new refurbed 4K Reolink set up and running successfully on an IP channel and it handled it at full blown 4K at 25fps both live and playback via the WebUI from my Blue Iris rig. I'll check the DVR GUI in the morning to see how that plays as the unit is parked in my very cold and dark shop at the moment.

I also have an Amcrest AMC4KBC28-B 8MP analog HDCVI camera that's pretty damned nice but is restricted to 7fps by the DVR which is a real shame. I think you bought one too? It works like a champ for what it's supposed to do and would look great at 15fps.

Anyway, I was delighted by the 8M8 handling the Reolink at 4K/25fps..., but that's just one camera. I also gave it a shot with the 4108 and it cruised right along without a hitch both realtime live and playback at 4K. I had four loaded up on it the other day just to see if it would handle them. It did, but I didn't put it through any paces and was using a pretty cheesy 10/100 POE switch that wouldn't have been a fair assessment anyway.

With any luck I can round it out tommorow and report back. Biggest problem is less than optimum displays and an old DEll laptop which aren't doing any of the process justice.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

To be honest I have a couple 15fps DVRs. There is nothing much different in quality between the few. Quality of the Picture is really only an issue on fast paced events. However when accessing the still image quality, factors like Resolution and Sensor quality plays more significant role then FPS. IMHO not that it is worth much anymore lol.. MHO that is..

I have a few different DVR's with different FPS and all display my cameras even at 7fps very well. The good news is that the lower MP cameras have higher FPS ability, as much as day time images are wonderful in my 8mp cameras. Night time just isn't as good as say a 4mp or even 2mp at night for capturing fast moving objects. On any recorder I own. (Not including the TD2685EW-AI camera in that) That camera is in a league of its own. Personally think it has to do with Ram/Rom and the Sensor of that camera.

My 1046EW-AI camera on my AMDV8M16 runs at 22 FPS and able to run on 30. I do tame mine down most times on CBR, 22 and 1792 Bit Rate using H.265 and works great. my Sub channel I go down to 18fps at 1024 and h.265 and CBR. I can play back both main and sub channels frame by frame to get the best picture needed and for me that is key.. If I no longer have the ability to run a playback with frame by frame then yeah lower FPS I am not as happy with 7fps system. My 5116 older system does play my 8mp at 15fps with the FW I am using. That is the same for my 7108-AI DVR as well.

I personally would love to see play back of your 25fps camera on the Amcrest system. When playing back on WebUI using pause and frame by frame forward.

Glad to hear you like your Reolink. Think we talked about what I thought of ones I no longer own at one point in the past.
Be Safe.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

The DV8M8 recorded and played back (via the GUI) the Reolink 810A at 4K 25fps just fine. Was a bit choppy until switching to VBR which smoothed everything out at 4096 h265. In my case initially the webUI was crap simply due to the display and horsepower limitations of my laptop. Just checked again with my BI rig and it works fine at full resolution and frame rate full screen.

And I'm hardly a Reolink champion by any means, though I do think they've gotten an unfair bad rap by a certain segment of the Blue Iris community. I defy anyone to find a better value vs. performance camera anywhere by anyone. They're just aimed toward a plug and play market who basically love the products once they finally realize the Rings and Blinks and Nests and Arlos completely suck and plug some Reolink cameras into a POE NVR for basically the same price and 10 times the quality and flexibility -- and don't need the Internet for any of it to work and record right out of the box. And they actually have real tech support who actually handle cases and escalate issues beyond the typically clueless Tier 1 screeners who barely speak English let alone understand the products they're supposed to be supporting.

Plus, four freshly refurbed in sealed box 4K IP POE cameras for 15 bucks each from anyone is hard to turn down -- even Reolink. LOL

They have also gone the extra mile with firmware development specifically to address Blue Iris compatibility (shortcomings?) that have plagued both seemingly forever, but mostly with the introduction of h265 all over the place in a totally half-ass way from everyone..., and still is to a certain extent.

But if I could afford Dahua I'd have Dahua. Hell, I can't even afford Amcrest!