AMDV8M16-H5

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Itcacman

AMDV8M16-H5

Post by Itcacman »

When trying to display a view cycle from The Display view, I have the option to set the video detect and Channel Grid to Single Channel View and also place a check mark under the Channel group and select the cameras and ports ONLY to view as a single respected view per channel, however, it still includes all of the many Channel grid options and not just the single channels or ports chosen in full view. Amcrest is aware of this problem and told me there was no fix and I could either swap the unit out for a new one or just live with it. I reported them to the better business brurial and they continued to deny that this was a flaw and that they sold me a product without this Defect. Does anyone else have this same problem on AMDV8M16-H5?
A friend of mine asked me who I would recommend as he was wanting a 32 or 64 camera video surveillance system, and I told him how Amcrest totally denied this was a problem. They also denied that other TV remotes conflict with this model. I told my friend I do not recommend this product due to the very poor technical support and customer service issues resulting in no attempt to resolve these issues. Good picture quality, but very poor technical support and blunt disrespect, denial, and arrogance in resolving these issues
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AMDV8M16-H5

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Couple of things.. Display and tour is the worse area. Why you trying to use that? I mean if you are using it for a Normal Full time tour then ok however if it is for Motion tour then really that is the wrong place for the feature to work. Also what support staff told you that it was a Known issue for this device? Someone at a Phone that you called or one that Called you? I mean I don't know who told you that but I am sorry I don't think that is correct.. While I didn't use the Tour feature often and I will admit when I used it with the Display/Tour back in 2019 or some time years past I was all up in arms because it didn't work like it did on my Hikvision.. (Know what my newer model Hikvision did away with that tour type that was used to on my older 2010 unit) However just because something don't work as I want it to and or there is no detail info about how to make it work the way I want it to from that page don't mean that it is broke.

I have that device. I don't have it in front of me at this time. I have made deal with my son to go there this coming week (wasn't going back until July) and Ship it to me. I will mail out tomorrow my old 8ch Dahua. I do have 10 channels connected right now however there are 2 that are doing double duty so I will have him remove them.. 8 is fine and seeing they are all 960h anyway lol the 8mp DVR is just to much for the location. I was going to upgrade to newer cameras never found ones for it and my old Amcrest 960h cameras have been there for years lol..

Anyway What Firmware are you using? 2018 or 2020? Mine has 2020 FW installed I just found out my son thought that was what I wanted and was nice enough to put it on there. I really was happy with the 2018 FW as it looks like the 2020 FW anyway lol..

Anyway I know that we talked in the past about your 4108 I can't remember if it was older or the HS but said really I don't have that issue because I have most of mine in a Security Closet and the ones I do have out are facing away. There is really no reason they need to be facing out or in the line of sight of another Remote device in theory.. I mean what TV are you or Remote are you using? I have tried a few different remotes and I can't get much of them to do anything.. I mean I did find that my 32" Hisense TV remote that I use for a CCTV monitor will bring up Remote Channel box if I press the Star button on the remote.. I never use that remote anyway and like I said where I monitor my Recorders I don't have any DVR/NVR facing front. I mean for me in my Security Closet that is how they are setup with the back facing the front because that is where my patch panels and switches are facing so that is why in my Monitor room if I have some for testing or use I always have them facing away like in my Racks..

So if your trying to get a Channel that has Motion to tour use that feature in the Motion under alarms.. There is a Tour button there and it works with your Anti-Dither. If you have it set to 5 seconds then your Channel will Pop full screen when Motion is triggered.. Please note that if you mess with things in the Display tour area like removing all the Single channel display and only leave 8 channel then on a Trigger it would cause a 8ch split with your main channel that caused the motion alert to be in Space 1.. I mean this isn't a Flaw that is a Feature and a cool on for people that don't want to give up 8 channels every time there is a motion alert. I personally like that however I leave all mine for single channel tour.. I have more then 1 monitor going with 9 split and 1 on another and 4 split on another.. The ones with 1 and 4 will motion tour the 9 split for my 4216E-AI only tours on Trip wires or Alarms..

If your not using Full time tours and have taking the time to Remove the ones you don't want and keep the ones you do. Personally if you only want 1 page full on Motion then I would go back to the Display, View Cycle and bottom left press the Default key...

Then go to your Main Menu, Alarm, Video Detect, Pick the channel you want lets say 17 for the first IP channel. Enable the Motion if it isn't already. Then check the Region, Set Grid for your needs, Then make sure Period is for your needs I leave it full time, Then under PTZ is Tour (Check) and then press right arrow over to bring up 17 make sure it is blue. Press apply and now your system should Pop up 1 window in this case the ch17 if you had IP channels turned on.. It would last 5 seconds or motion trigged time and then go back to your normal set Grid point...

About not Recommending Amcrest. Yeah I can't tell you what to do but I can tell you that Amcrest has been the best Support that I have come across. I have had CCTV camera systems for many years with my First being Reel to Reel recorder, Then time Lapse VCR and didn't even upgrade from that until 2009 to a DVR.. Between older Hikvision OEM brands that offer 0% support they tell you to contact your installer lol (Yeah right didn't have one) that is because they don't sell to public lol.. Then another OEM I picked up because I wasn't wanting to change out the other at that time. I have since changed out most of my Non Amcrest devices with Amcrest recorders. In total I have more then 20 with 5 on the shelf as backup. 5 not in use because of Backdoors that I can access I have removed from service and won't sell (Marked after my End they be sent to E-Waste (Not to Sell)) So yes I have 5 DVR's and 5 NVR's in use between my home and other locations. All of them are Amcrest besides the last Dahua in use.

I would Recommend Amcrest over any other provider that I have used. There was one that was high on my list however good few years ago they made some claims that never happen and sold most of the their hardware. Only have 1 camera of theirs left and seeing it is really a 10x zoom Samsung I kept it yeah it is that old lol 2014 or before I would have to dig out the box..

Also not many systems out there that offer the features that Amcrest and Dahua offer. I mean my Hikvision it is Full time record or motion there is no using more then 1.. So that is a PITA... Amcrest DVR is faster to Reset and set up then using any NVR of any system and I even with the issues I know of Amcrest is much better option then others offered..

I mean if you want Dahua Full price for your DVR in this post it is really a XVR5116H-4KL-X you can find that device on Ebay for over 800usd and sure the Amcrest one don't offer the Face Detection or SMD but other then that it is the same device just little different Code to water it down to not compete with higher dollar system. I mean Amcrest does now offer a 5116-AI that is still even cheaper same options cost more then the 8m16 but more then half of the OLDER Dahua.. By the way you can check your DVR for what type it is by using a Thumb drive. Put it in your DVR and Reboot and leave it in there for a little bit. Don't worry about all the data and errors that it will or might come up with it isn't failing it is just options that are not offered on chip installed.. However in there you will find it says it is an XVR5116h-4kl-X. Lower in the data dump it will also display the Amcrest model name..
https://www.ebay.com/itm/124519779674?h ... SwuuFgQVkL
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah personally I guess you moved on from your 8M16-H5... I can tell you that it is by far the best DVR Amcrest offers and I would say that 100% however the 7108-AI because of it being SMD and IA enabled makes it really second best however the best NON AI DVR...

So I got the DVR today geez i should have just bought a new one for what it cost in shipping lol. Looked over the footage on the system before going crazy and formatting it and setting up for use here..

Not sure what the issue your having is. I am not using this in normal way. I turned on IP channels 17-24 to start I then removed 7-16 from being setup as BNC and turned them into IP channels.. Fast and dirty setup, I have right now 5 channels that are setup 2, 5mp, 2, 2mp and 1 that is 960h for now. ch6 empty for future BNC camera and I have connected a total of 12 cameras to the device right now and others being added to fill most of the channels.. I have it setup for Ch1 to be my main monitor channel and I have front driveway back driveway setup to Motion Tour, along with my Backdoor camera. The 37x zoom PTZ 960h camera was picking up every bird that flew by so I turned off motion tour for that channel.

For IP cameras I have 3- 4mp (Ad410 is really 5mp but on box says is 4mp), 1-8mp, 1-2mp 20x PTZ, 1-3mp and 1-2mp at this time connected..

Out of all of them I have a mix between IP and BNC for tour on motion and so far all have been working flawlessly...

I am using a 6TB Security HDD and only thing so far that i don't like is that there is no Record option under Storage like all other devices I own and one of the cool things about this device unlike others is you can't reboot or shut down from Remote like you can with all my other Devices that I find is a Flaw in them...

Edit: One last part I wish this DVR offered Dual Display like my 7108 does. This way I could monitor 1 channel with all channels displayed. Not saying this DVR has that feature with in it I wish it was able to have that feature turned on if it does. I am going to look at the data dumps between the 2 DVR's maybe the option is there in the 8m16 just not turned on.. It might have been in 2018 FW I don't remember it I just know it was different only touched the dvR 2 times since buying until today. Wasn't a feature I needed at the time so never looked in OLD FW.. Can't go back to look either lol..
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well that bites lol.. So one of the things about the 8m16 being one of the best DVR's it is true however as I also said the 7108 is better in the stance that it is AI enabled. Well now there are 2 reasons lol 7108-AI has a Matrix board built into the DVR where the 8m16-H5 don't and so while it will display on both HDMI and D-Sub it can't act like the 7108 with Matrix support. So much for asking for that to be added..

I wonder if the 5116-AI has a Matrix board or is it like the 8m16-H5 seeing that the AI is a Second Gen. To be honest am glad there was no a 8m16-AI by name and using the 5116 real name. Now that makes me want to buy the 5116-AI what I should have started with when I bought the 7108. Didn't like the idea of 7fps lol when I was already going from 15fps from my older TVI DVR..
Be Safe