AMDV7208 replacement fan

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
bhelman

AMDV7208 replacement fan

Post by bhelman »

I have an AMDV7208. The fan just started to make some noise. I want to replace it before I have a more serious issue. What are the specs/what is the replacement part number for the fan for this unit?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AMDV7208 replacement fan

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello Sorry it has been a couple of days and no reply. I can tell you there are some nice fans out there that will work. While I don't work for Amcrest or the people that I am about to mention about Fans I do buy their products.

So Noctua has a Fan that is the RIGHT voltage settings for your DVR... Sadly it is different plug but good news is the package comes with an adapter that takes it from a 3 pin female to a 2 pin like the DVR is. Also note that you will need to drill the hole out some in the Case as the new fans screws are little wider and don't fit in the holes there.

Now here is a Insider TIP... Take out the 6 screws and double check that you Fan Noise isn't coming from the WIRE touching the fan. There is a Cable (Between board and USB port on front) that is just free floating in the Case that has no cable management and over some time can come into contact with the Fan. This will one rub slowing down the fan and can cause it to fail but also can cause loads of NOISE that with removed will make it so it isn't so loud but still only a small fix while you wait for your new fans to come in...

While the CPU fan has no Replacement I know of. This same fan with some MacGyver type work around you can use same type fan for its replacement. However I would say if the fan is working and isn't to loud then keep it the way it came. Always Always keep some air around to blow these out at least 1 time a year. Dust can kill a fan fast.

So 15 USD and about 35min of time your system back up and running smooth.
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Oh Thought a Part Number might be helpful. Please double check before you buy that the VOLTS are right. THey have some that are same size but are 12v rather then the 5v one.

NF-A4X10 is the one

They are 40mmx10mm and same size as the fan on the case.

Let me know how you make out. Maybe post some Pic for others that want or need same update. Most always first thing to go is the Fans.

James
Be Safe.
bhelman

Post by bhelman »

Thanks for the info. For the short change, I think I'll order the replacement fan and keep it on hand just in case. I'll take your advice and open up the unit again (I had to replace the HD after about a year) and make sure it's clean and nothing is touching the fan. I have the unit in my basement. It doesn't get warmer than 65F down there (I monitor the temp as I also have a VMWare server running) and I have the DVR in a rack so I'm confident it's staying cool and getting good airflow.