AMDV7204M - Unable to record/playback motion detection events

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
mysterioustranger

AMDV7204M - Unable to record/playback motion detection events

Post by mysterioustranger »

Good Afternoon,

For some unknown reason, the other day I found that in playback mode on the AMDV7204M DVR , it only will show the full recording and If I tick the motion detection box, it won't display anything. Usually it'll show green bars in the time graph for the full recording and yellow for motion detection. It's recording locally on the harddrive.
I verified all the settings are still enabled for motion detection on each of cameras. I verified that the motion detection regions are selected. I tried threshold 0 and sensitivity 100 for every square of the region, verified that the motion icon appears in live view mode and the test function of the motion detection under the region selection shows the little squares blink when something goes across. Nothing I select or tweak seems to get the motion events to record any longer.
The harddrive is always at full capacity and is overwriting itself but that hasn't been an issue before.

Am I doing something incorrectly all of a sudden?
The software on this DVR unit seems not to be supported since 2015 so there isn't any update to try.The DVR and cameras are all discontinued as well which is troubling to see, given that this unit is only 3 years old.

Thank You for any advice!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AMDV7204M - Unable to record/playback motion detection events

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the Forum...

While it is only 3 years old as you mention there is new TECH that comes out all the time. Just Like Computers. While it is little bit more in-depth when it comes to CCTV..... However please note just because it's older TECH it is still good standing and can give many years of happy service. I Also have that DVR along with some others... Looking at mine and I did update to a NEW Firmware since buying the unit so I am not sure what the old numbers were but as of today it looks like this....

Device Model HCVR
Channels 4
System Version 3.200.ACO4.5
Build Date 12-17-2015
Serial No. (Not posted for Security Reasons)
Device Type AMDV7204
Soft Version 10003

When it comes to setting up your DVR there are a few things to remember. Even if you set up the Motion to be marked on the Time line you will need to still make sure that the DVR is set with Motion Enabled. Most times if the system only records in Full time only it is because somewhere there is a Motion not Enabled OR you have it set up but have the Motion Grid Blank.

About the Cameras. You can find them ranging in price of under 20 to around 40 for each camera on E Bay... To be safe I would say do a Search for Amcrestdirect on ebay and I am sure they will have some for sale as well.. While they maybe Referbs they do have them and I bought 2 Eyeball style for mine some time ago. THe important part is to make sure they have the right Lens for your use. Some of the cameras like the ones that came with the system are 3.6mm lens where the new ones that I think TBH looks nicer are 2.8mm lens... So if your used to and like the coverage of the 3.6mm stay with them. If you want little more depth of view 2.8mm ...
Be Safe.