AMDV5232-13 DVR Hard Drive Compatibility

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
trtex

AMDV5232-13 DVR Hard Drive Compatibility

Post by trtex »

Does Anyone know if a Seagate 16TB SkyHawk AI 7200 rpm SATA III 3.5" Internal Surveillance HDD is compatible with this AMDV5232-13 DVR? I've tried support, but they can't answer. Is this DVR that new that no one knows? Someone must know. The drives cost $300 each and I don't want to buy the wrong ones. Thanks.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AMDV5232-13 DVR Hard Drive Compatibility

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Back in the day when I bought my NEW Amcrest 8mp AI DVR everything on the web for me only offered 15fps so I thought that was for all cameras. When I bought it on the box that at the time said 15fps for 8mp and had 30fps for others like 2mp and 3mp. So yeah kind of had me upset because I could have bought the other one offering 7fps seeing the lower mp cameras again up to 30fps.

So with your DVR there is so much more data about what is being offered so that is good. My guess is when it says upto 16tb that means per slot because the older Tech AI 4k DVRs the HDD max was 10 so I wouldn't expect them to lower the per hdd specs down past a 3 year old DVR.. My older 8M16-H5 DVR has max 8tb. So it is a safe bet that your i3 32ch DVR would be 16tb..
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AMDV5232-13 DVR Hard Drive Compatibility

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Looking up the datasheet for the model this DVR was designed from. This is the info from that datasheet.

2 SATA ports, up to 16TB capacity for each disk. The maximum HDD, capacity varies with environment temperature.
Be Safe.