AMDV108116-s3 has power, won't start, new hdd

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
cstiller

AMDV108116-s3 has power, won't start, new hdd

Post by cstiller »

AMDV108116-s3 unit stopped working recently. Motherboard is beeping every two seconds, but not loud like the HDD buzzer. Fan looks like it accelerates at every beep (kinda like it tries to start up, but then decelerates and beeps again). Swapped in a new HDD and same problem. Any suggestions on what to investigate next would be appreciated. Thank you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AMDV108116-s3 has power, won't start, new hdd

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I would change out the Power supply with a different 12v 2.5 to 12v 5amp power supply. IF you're sharing the supply with the cameras that isn't a good idea as I know some people do that.. DVR should have it's own power supply or be working with a 12v PDU that can output the current the DVR needs. Most PDU are designed for camera use but ones that are high enough power can be used with DVR as well..

But yeah I would remove the HDD and see if it comes to life (Remove just mean cables) a power supply can be working at times less then rated current and if the power supply is going to fail soon or has failed it might be able to work with less stress. Removing the HDD is one way, Another thing to try is if the DVR has a failing fan it can cause the system to go into a Protection mode. Try also starting the DVR without the fan plugged in. If it starts without the fan and with the HDD installed then Fan is the issue. However if it don't start without fan and without HDD in then most likely the issue is power supply. Also 1 last thing but can be also an issue is the Mouse. No fan, HDD and mouse and if it starts up turn off and plug in fan and start and if it starts then HDD and if it starts then mouse..
Be Safe.
FourYou

Post by FourYou »

where can i buy a 12v 5amp power supply.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Here is a starting place. It can be hard at times finding one that is really 5amps now days. Keep in mind that finding one for 5 ish most likely would be a fake and would have much less then 5amp output. I my self have bought a few to find they are less then marked output of about 3.6amps and even some of my friends have ended up with under rated one. Don't mean they are bad just not the output you were looking for. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... p&_sacat=0
Be Safe.