AMDV108116-H5 odd behavior

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
daveo

AMDV108116-H5 odd behavior

Post by daveo »

Hi all. I had an older unit that was 5 to 7 years old that died. I bought this one to replace it and am having some strange behaviors that I'd like to understand if this is simply configuration or if anyone else has seen this type of behavior.
I have 7 bullet cameras connected via coax and wired power, 2 PTZ IP cameras, and one doorbell cam (All Amcrest).
First, on the connected display, all channels show up.
In Windows Amcrest Surveillance Pro, channel 4 does not.
In Android Amcrest Surveillance Pro, channel 4 does show up.
Second, On playback, I cannot get the wired cameras to sync with the doorbell cam playback.
Third, On playback with the old system, search showed solid green bars for available video.
On the new system, the green bars have lots of intermittent yellow bars.
When I play back, it goes fine for a while then starts skipping forward in large jumps.
I turned off motion detection a week or so ago, but it still does this.
Any suggestions? I've been looking through the manual and googling keywords that I expect to help, but no answers yet.
daveo

Re: AMDV108116-H5 odd behavior

Post by daveo »

Even if all you have to say is "You can find it in Chapter x of the user guide", a comment would be helpful.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

The answer isn't one that I know of or have and while I can't say what the issue is I to have some add Skips every now and again.. When this happens I take it as a Network issue and I just live with it.. I say this because only happens when playing back outside the recorder and not when I am using the Recorder.. However On my NVR I did last week start getting an issue with my 2116-HS and I did go and look over my NVR HDD but even though it says it is error free I think it is starting to fail.. Before I do Replace it I did buy a new one to have on backup because all my others are being used, I will do a factory Reset and see if that cures my issue don't always happen but it was making some crazy noise and when I looked the HDD said error in the menu even after a Reboot, I then Did a format and status went to normal did a HDD Smart lookup and all came out ok so maybe it was just getting hot While it is a small 16ch NVR still don't understand why there is no Fan on case..

So I would look over your Network, Maybe switch Port for your Recorder and cable to your Switch or router how ever you have it setup .. If you have a managed switch use the Menu to check for errors over the network, Pack loss or Halts on your port for the recorder it can tell you if there is network issue if no managed Switch then I would try changing out the network cable and if it was one that came with the Recorder I would for sure change that out to a better Cat5e or Cat6a cable... Sadly about Manual pages it is hard to say what or where anything is or what one you might have or what one is even able to be DL if older machine might have more then 1 and someone saying page 31 might be 59 in yours so that is hard one to offer
Be Safe.
daveo

Post by daveo »

Thanks @Revo2Maxx, The HDD is fairly new (less than 1yr) and quiet.
Regarding the yellow bars, turns out I was on a smaller window and didn't see the "Save" button at the bottom when I un-selected "Motion Detection" on the Alarms screen. That should be good now (Thanks to Amcrest Support for that)
I'll see if that also clears up the skipping issue since it will remove the MD signals in the recording.
Still no channel 4 on Windows devices, but channel 4 is there for android devices.
I'll also see if removing MD will help sync the doorbell cam with the rest.
We'll see if somebody here or if Amcrest can answer those first. :)