Amcrest Surveillane Pro - Failed to Open Video

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
burrisjm

Amcrest Surveillane Pro - Failed to Open Video

Post by burrisjm »

I am having problems using Amcrest Surveillance pro from outside my home.

For background: All my cameras are IP2M-841B and each camera is assigned to an internal static IP with port forwarding.

I am using DDNs for when I'm outside my network.

Inside my network

When I use Amcrest Surveillance Pro from my home (i.e. inside my network, it works and I can view the video feeds).

Outside my network

When I am offsite, I get the error "Failed to open video" from Surveillance Pro. I have added the camera using the DDNS and my home IP to make sure there is not a DDNS issue. Neither way works.

Within Surveillance Pro I can access the camera configurations and the status shows as online. But no video.

Also when offsite - I can access the cameras through Internet Explore using both DDNS and my home IP. So I know the cameras are working and sending video and I am receiving video.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Tks!
BobF

Re: Amcrest Surveillane Pro - Failed to Open Video

Post by BobF »

Exact same problem as burrisjm. Anyone have a solution?
BobF

Post by BobF »

Forgot to check "Notify me . . ."
dwoo

Post by dwoo »

Same issue. I have two ip2m-841b cameras both with port forwarding. One camera loads without any problems and can see video. The other camera "failed to open video" when attempting to view. Had 2 different tech support people remote into my computer - checked my settings, ports, etc and found nothing wrong. No explanation was provided why that camera was not working only in that my "resources" might be low. Both cameras worked last month and it's the same "resources." Unplugging the working the camera to reduce "resources" still "fails to load" the other camera.
gba88

Post by gba88 »

Has anyone ever found a solution to this? I have 3 amcrest cameras that work PERFECTLY FINE WITH BLUE IRIS, but not with the amcrest surveillance pro software. Also, isn't it time for an update to this software??? All 3 cameras have port forwarding setup and are accessible via the android app, internet explorer and blue iris. Why in the world will they not connect to "their own" amcrest software??

edit: cams are all 3 ip2m-841 2 white, one black.
Melvin
Site Admin

Post by Melvin »

Hello gba88,

Can you try sub stream mode in surveillance Pro and see if it works.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

gba88

Post by gba88 »

I was never notified of this reply, sorry for the delay. I still cannot get this working. I know where to switch to substream through a browser; where is this located in amcrest surveillance pro??
gba88

Post by gba88 »

Ok so I changed it on one of the cameras through IE (changed HD main channel to VGA)... it will still NOT display in surveillance pro. Very frustrating after months of trying to figure this out. It makes absolutely no sense at all. I also cannot believe that surveillance pro has never had an update since 2015!!!
ktskas

Post by ktskas »

I am having the same issue. I sat on hold with support for 30 MINUTES to be told it was a connectivity issue with the camera. ( have 7 of the 4k wifi cameras only one has this issue). After pressing them, i was put on hold while he checked with someone else. When he came back he stated that he was just told there was an issue with ASP and it would be fixed in the next update. I asked when that would be and was told they don't know. If I add the camera with S/N, it works fine, but with IP I get the failed to open video issue.
gba88

Post by gba88 »

huh... I'll have to try adding by SN and see what happens. I will keep saying it over and over...I cannot believe they have not updated the actual software since initial release.