Amcrest NVR P2P remote access with NVR Web UI

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
jack7

Amcrest NVR P2P remote access with NVR Web UI

Post by jack7 »

How can I access a remote P2P NVR NV4108-ES with NVR Web UI using IE or Edge in IE mode, via ASP?  I get the NVR login screen, but it always says "Login Failed". ID/PASSWORD entered is correct.  NVR firmware is 2018, and I don't want to change it.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Amcrest NVR P2P remote access with NVR Web UI

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So are you asking about ASP in Device CFG and then using the Link to Web button at the top?

Then it opens a 127.0.0.1:XXXXX address for the device? At this point your saying it is leading you to the NVR WebUI however it won't let you log in?

If that is the case I would double check that the NVR isn't setup with a White List

Also if clicking the link and it takes you to Chrome, just copy and paste the url it gave into IE or Edge IE Mode? That is what I do to access on IE.

Outside of that I am not sure there is any other way to access the NVR over P2P in a WebUI. Most WebUI access requires IP and that is what the DeviceCFG in ASP makes up for use while accessing a P2P system in ASP..

IF that wasn't what you were asking Sorry I wasn't able to help more.
Good Luck.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jack7

Post by jack7 »

I'm getting closer but I have never used these Chrome extensions.
This one is with Amcrest Web View.
amcrest web view login failed.JPG
amcrest web view login failed.JPG (85.54 KiB) Viewed 1289 times

This one is with I think Easy View (WEB SERVICE). The error message doesn't sound good.
nvr web ui chrome.JPG
nvr web ui chrome.JPG (110.57 KiB) Viewed 1289 times

It's the first time I've ever seen NVR Web UI. I'd like to explore it's value.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

To be honest, my 4108E-HS that is new old stock with the older FW on it. It works best in IE or Edge in IE Mode. In edge I have to add the IP address to the Edge area and I will have to play around with one from Local IP with a port to see if it can work over the IE Mode I have not tried. I rarely access the WebUI of my Remote DVR/NVR's as I don't normally think about using that option while in ASP.. If truth be told I think you are the one that told me about WebUI from with in ASP..

Your my Guide to ASP :)
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yeah doing little more looking with my 4108E-HS with older FW like yours above it seems like there is some issue that you were talking about when I try to access the NVR over Edge with Port and IP of local host added. I can get to log in screen and put in the known good password and it says it is wrong..

So I tried my 4216E-AI NVR that has the 2020 FW from when it was released and first time I tried to load it in IE I was able to log in however it just shown a blank screen. I hit the Refresh and it came back to log in I logged in again and I was able to get access this time. IF I had to guess there might be some extra port settings that are needed in the older FW to gain access that isn't tossing out. LIke my 4216 shows this for the output when I click on the tab in ASP.. http://127.0.0.1:27371/?rtspport=27375&tcpport=27367 Where my older FW NVR only comes up with the IP and Port number like I am accessing one of my Remote Cameras. They do work on older Remote cameras that I use that function for at times..

My guess is it's a Limit on older FW NVR's..

Edit: Also looks like the access it limited to the NVR anyway. I can't seem to access the cameras when I get to live view, I click on a camera it says to Log in First. So Really not much of an option for Remote access. Maybe good for making some changes to the NVR setup outside of that not very helpful.
Be Safe
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Apparently I can't use NVR Web UI easily.  But I can change the most important NVR setting for me, using just ASP, which is to change the NVR recording schedule for each camera for Regular, Motion Detect, etc.
Thanks for your testing and help.