Amcrest NVR - NV4208E-AI & AD410

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
DougvF

Amcrest NVR - NV4208E-AI & AD410

Post by DougvF »

I have setup an NV4208E-AI, with x7 Wired cameras. All working no problems. All Recording under HDD. Problem I'm having is connecting the Wireless Doorbell Camera to the NvR.

It's seemingly not wanting to access and staying "RED" on the status under Camera > Remote Devices.

AD410 shows up under the Devices, Can modify the password. I've changed the password thinking it could be an issue with characters or regex in the back end coding via stripping incase it was a code issue. No matter what I try to do I cannot get it to go green.

Both NVR and Doorbell AD410 has its firmware updated, both on same network as above it shows up in the list, but theres some issue with password I think.

IS THERE any verbose log location i can get access to other than this shitty log in the nvr backend? So I can see what's going on?
DougvF

Re: Amcrest NVR - NV4208E-AI & AD410

Post by DougvF »

Really wish there was some system level access to the log files to see communication such as failed user auth, error codes, timeout data, etc so I can properly fix this issue. The log system really sucks in these NVRs

I've been using the web UI for all changes I guess I'll have to use direct hdmi see if there's a difference tomorrow.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

I did have some issues first time adding my Ad410 to my 4216E-AI NVR. I have since lost them notes to what the issue was but here is an idea. Try a password with + in it over any others. Like Revo+2Maxx.. I am not saying to use that I am just saying in the since of something with + in the password. Also hate to say it but I do remember that I had to reset the camera at the doorbell and not just make a Password change. I don't have my 4216E-AI at this location right now so I can't reset and test out what caused it to connect and has been a couple of years. I do know that I did also have some issues on one of my machines with the strange Sub Channel size it was using 720x576..
Be Safe.
DougvF

Post by DougvF »

I did change the password I was using since it has a ! In it, removed the symbols entirely and still wouldn't go green. I've reset the power to the ad410 before, also rebooted it, and updated it's firmware still no joy

Modified the passwords via web UI and via NVR directly over HDMI and mouse. Still doesn't want to turn green.

I did also restart the NVR and updated it's firmware.

It would really help if I could see dev logs like the Linux sys.

I even changed to onvif, custom etc, added ports etc to firewall and so on so that's not an issue. I can connect over the network to the doorbell via VLC rstp 554 etc so PW works. Just seems NVR hates it.
Pogo

Post by Pogo »

Doesn't an AD device need to be initially set up with the SmartHome app to be properly recognized by the NVR as part of that dhcp server's 'family' of devices? The NVR and the 410 could well be on the same network, but how about the existing IP cameras directly wired to the NVR's switch? Same network, or on the NVR's dhcp server subnet instead? And how is the wi-fi network connecting to the NVR's network?

Seems like just about everyone has problems with these things except Revo. LOL
DougvF

Post by DougvF »

Pogo wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:13 pm Doesn't an AD device need to be initially set up with the SmartHome app to be properly recognized by the NVR as part of that dhcp server's 'family' of devices? The NVR and the 410 could well be on the same network, but how about the existing IP cameras directly wired to the NVR's switch? Same network, or on the NVR's dhcp server subnet instead? And how is the wi-fi network connecting to the NVR's network?

Seems like just about everyone has problems with these things except Revo. LOL
Right, I did set up with the smart home app, It does get "detected" by the nvr on the network, but the status still red.

TBH, its boiling down more to a more competent logging system. If I could only see what its doing in the background would know if its a connection issue or an auth problem. But I guess we have to just "guess at issues."

But yes, NVR has its cameras loaded on the nvr POE switch, Wifi the doorbell is hooked up to is a wired POE Mesh AP connection within 10ft. both (AP and NVR) get eth from a switch from ISP Router.

I run my own system on shinobi with a server, so much easier.
bryeartem

Post by bryeartem »

Not sure if this will help you but here is my long explanation of how I got my AD410 connected to my NVR.. https://amcrest.com/forum/amcrest-smart ... tml#p42889
SSanders

Post by SSanders »

If my memory serves me correctly, if you didn’t change the stock admin, it uses a capital A versus a lowercase.