Amcrest NVR compatible with Swann Cameras?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
bkay24

Amcrest NVR compatible with Swann Cameras?

Post by bkay24 »

I have a Swann 8 cam (POE) setup with NVR I purchased from Costco a few years ago.

Accessing remotely via app has always been an issue... and it's now to the point the app won't access at all.

My question - is it possible to just purchase a new Amcrest NVR and swap out? Or would there be issues?

Thanks in advance.
James.S

Re: Amcrest NVR compatible with Swann Cameras?

Post by James.S »

bkay24 wrote:I have a Swann 8 cam (POE) setup with NVR I purchased from Costco a few years ago.

Accessing remotely via app has always been an issue... and it's now to the point the app won't access at all.

My question - is it possible to just purchase a new Amcrest NVR and swap out? Or would there be issues?

Thanks in advance.

It is possible, we have seen many cameras work with our devices. However, We have also seen issues come from it, 3rd party cameras don't always communicate well with our devices thus you will run into connection issues or issues with your video feed or adjusting the settings within the camera. At this time we, unfortunately, do not recommend using 3rd party cameras with our products.

Was there anything else I could assist you with?