amcrest nv4116e-hs Not working after power outage

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
LouC

amcrest nv4116e-hs Not working after power outage

Post by LouC »

Hello I have an amcrest nv4116e-hs I have it plugged into a surge protector and we had a bad storm, power went out and since I get nothing but a black screen. I’ve tried cycling power for 3 min and 5 min second time same outcome. I only have one blue light for power the hdd and net light are out.

Any suggestions? I just bought this set up 18 months ago, I would really hate to
Have to spend another 350$

Thanks I’m advance.

Lou
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: amcrest nv4116e-hs Not working after power outage

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

I personally have lost some gear to Lightning storms this year myself. Personally it sounds dead.

However here are some things to try,

1, Remove top and disconnect HDD, Turn on and see if it works.
2, While not many have a second Power Supply I would try to test it with a new Supply. This isn't going to be as easy as the first seeing they use a 48v power supply.

If neither of them have a working result then it is more then likely dead..

If it is dead, I would then do a Visual inspection of the PCB and see if you can find anything that shows signs that it is blown. If you can find a burnt part or other damage it could be easy to repair. However if it isn't and you have a Multi Meter and with power off and not plugged in, Testing any ground point to other areas of the PCB in the area of Caps and Voltage regulators if they show a short to ground it could be not hard to find the fault and with no use of Schematics seeing there are none in public domain it could be time for a replacement. Best bet to just replace with a A2 over the HS..

Without a HDD they are going for 199 so they are affordable over having to buy one with HDD installed.
https://amcrest.com/nv4116e-a2-4k-16ch- ... e-nvr.html
Be Safe.
jdougc

Post by jdougc »

Sadly my power supply is out also.. Did you get any info on a replacement? Thanks in advance.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@jdougc Hello and Welcome to the forum

Power supplies are you sure that is what is wrong. Amcrest don't have any POE 48v power supplies that I found on the website. They only seem to offer the 12v supplies.

If you know for sure that the Supply is bad you can buy them off Ebay. However looking there it seems Suspect from the users that offer them because they seem to Cover up the Voltage of the devices and the Current ratings. Also because this use a special plug you might need to if you buy one and it don't come with the right plug for the NVR, Then using the old one I would Desolder the wire form the one you have and install into the one with wrong end. I personally wouldn't just cut and replace, I would pop open the box and desolder from board and solder in the right cord..

With all that said. If you don't have Soldering gear, then cost of having to buy one and the power supply might be just better to buy a new NVR and Amcrest offering the A2 version at good prices just transfer your HDD to the new unit..
Be Safe.
jdougc

Post by jdougc »

Revo2Maxx, thanks so much for the fast response... Too bad that Amcrest does not sell the needed poe power supply.. I see some sellers have a slide on adapter with the inside pin that my nvr needs. The adapter slides over the more common 5.5mm x 2.1mm plug