Amcrest NV4108-A2 Hard Drive

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Dino55

Amcrest NV4108-A2 Hard Drive

Post by Dino55 »

I am looking at purchasing the Amcrest NV4108-A2, No hard drive installed, I looked at the list of hard drives and I have a new 1TB Samsung Solid State dive I could install in it but It's not on the list of hard drives, would it still work, Possibly just slower?

Thanks!
Dino
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Amcrest NV4108-A2 Hard Drive

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum..

It is going to be any mans guess seeing the NVR is new hardware for Amcrest and while other older units from normal 4108 to newer -HS seems to work just fine with any HDD you install with it. My guess the A2 would be no different. With that said..

Keep in mind that these are Security Recorders and are designed to run full speed HDD 24/7 even if you only setup your recorder to Record events and your area of view was light to little traffic, The HDD will still constant spin. For how little the cost of a Security HDD 1tb is today I would buy a new HDD to go with your New NVR..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Dino55

Post by Dino55 »

Thanks for your reply, that is one of the reasons I would use a Solid State Drive in it, "No Moving parts" Have you tried using SS in a NVR, if so what were your results.

Thanks!
Dino
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Awww, Sorry I scanned your message as I was on my phone and didn't' get the SSD Click, sorry. So I seen 1tb Samsung in my mind, So yeah it is not a good idea to use SSD in a NVR. There are some devices out there that cost over Grand in USD that have been designed to work with SSD. SO it is said that SSD isn't really something that should be used in DVR/NVR's. There are some that say they do or have but there is nothing in the Chipset that says it would work with SSD.

However again for the A2 it might have a Chip that is able to use SSD however I doubt it.

As with everything at times it takes just adding one to know for sure if it works. Personally if it wasn't on the list of supported Drives I would try to use one that was on the list for Safe Use.
Be Safe
Dino55

Post by Dino55 »

I just ordered the DVR should get it tomorrow, I will install the SSD and see how it goes, I will keep you posted of my results...

Thanks for your input!

Dino
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Just wondering if you would be willing to take a Screen shot of your GUI and WebUI before installing a FW update. Also I am asking alot I know lol. But would really like to see the WebUI before installing a AI camera if you own one..

I have to many Recorders right now my Wife says so I have not been allowed to buy one yet lol. I mean I have my AI NVR, and AI DVR. I just wanted to get the Next Gen 41xx model.

So here is a picture of a 4116E-HS and a AI Recorder just wondering what your GUI and WebUI looks like out of the box. Wondering if it looks like my 4116E-HS before adding a AI camera and then unlocks IVS and AI or is the AI already there like in my AI Recorder..
Screenshot (3061).png
Screenshot (3061).png (160.77 KiB) Viewed 1405 times
Screenshot (3062).png
Screenshot (3062).png (169.83 KiB) Viewed 1405 times
Be Safe
Dino55

Post by Dino55 »

Sure I can do that, will post them as soon as I get it installed and going. "Before the FW update"

Dino
Dino55

Post by Dino55 »

Here are my screens I have not upgraded the firmware, Plus I did install a Solid State Drive into the NVR with no recoding issue's, the only thing I had was since the SSD is so much narrower I could only use 2 screws since I didn't use a 2.5" rail kit,
NVR SCR #1.JPG
NVR SCR #1.JPG (109.74 KiB) Viewed 1390 times
NVR SCR #2.JPG
NVR SCR #2.JPG (59.76 KiB) Viewed 1390 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Thank you, Is this with or without a AI camera connected?

If you happen to click on AI without a AI connected camera can you add a IVS to say Ch1 or some other CH from Device or does it say there is no IVS connected device found?

Again Thank you for the images and time..
Be Safe
Dino55

Post by Dino55 »

If I select AI it will say no connected channels, Then I I select IVS then select add it doesn't do anything, then if I select refresh I get the message Chanel 2 failed to acquire config.

Dino