Amcrest DVR products are just NO GOOD

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
youropinion

Amcrest DVR products are just NO GOOD

Post by youropinion »

Hey Amcrest fans. I have a DVR Amcrest AMDV8M16-H5 and have really bad problems with it. Like when playing back cameras at one time (one camera's playback time is ten minutes out of sync with the others)

When playing back video from three cameras that primarily cover a 180 degree field of view TOTALLY, what will happen is one camera will NOT EVEN SHOW THE IMAGE OF THE ITEM IN MOTION CAPTURED BY THE OTHER 2 CAMERAS (AND WHAT FOR IT) BUT WILL SHOW EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE ITEM IN MOTION STILL. Like the motion object was edited out.

Other times in the same scenario - because I know that I should see an object BUT AMCREST DVR is not showing it. I will play the video clip back 8 times before the image shows up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know my DVRS etc

DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE ISSUES LIKE THIS WITH AMCREST PRODUCTS.

Only two explanations for this:

1. Amcrest products are no good
2. FBI is messing with me
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Amcrest DVR products are just NO GOOD

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Interesting #2..

Hello and Welcome to the Forum

So there are many different ways to connect your DVR and cameras to it. There are a lot of reasons why something isn't working.. Then 1 question is are the cameras your connected with Amcrest Cameras?

Even I get the Return mail of Sorry Amcrest DVR's are not 100% supportive of 3rd party cameras.. So if it is a NON Amcrest camera then there are a lot of reasons x10... Some of my cameras are just PITA and have to monitor or Full time Record.. 180 Degree camera? are you talking from same camera are you talking about from Hikvision like a PanaVU or a Multi lens setup? Or are you talking about some Amcrest 180 Degree camera I don't know about? Not saying they don't have them I just not seem them outside of PTZ cameras? I know they have a IP 360 degree camera?
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe