Amcres NVR 4108 with Foscam G2 via onvif

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
gilbertwindsor

Amcres NVR 4108 with Foscam G2 via onvif

Post by gilbertwindsor »

Hi,

I recently bought an NVR 4108 and when tried to connect to my Foscam G2 via onvif connection, it shows the image, but after 1-2 seconds it shows incloses and shows:

It has exceeded the bitstream limit!Max BPS:90112kb, Current BPS:1474560kb. Please close channel 1!

Ii is the first camera, I deleted all cameras, and also tried to decrease Bit Rate and Frame Rate in Mainstream and Substream at foscam side, but I got the same error.

I have other older foscam and I can connect using ONVIF with no problem.

Do you know what could happen? Thank you!
Patmo42

Re: Amcres NVR 4108 with Foscam G2 via onvif

Post by Patmo42 »

I am having the same issue with my axis cameras trying to connect. If i lower the bitrate too far it says encoding error. Any help for both of us would be great.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

@Patmo42 Hello and welcome to the forum

So your working with a NV4108H or HS?

Axis not all but some are MJPEG cameras only and or VGA so you will need to make sure you set your NVR to a Setting that your camera can send over ONVIF... Might have to log into the Camera WebUI make changes to fit the format of your camera

About being over I had mine set to high I got the over limit message on my 4108H and was able to remove the camera, Make changes to my whole set of cameras online the NVR and lower the rate on my camera I was adding back and now it work without issue However odd thing is I am not sure what the issue was because I was well under my 80kb I think it was that I had the Camera setup to high because it was 8mp camera on a 5mp NVR odd thing is for a few seconds or less then a min anyway it worked fine lol
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Patmo42

Post by Patmo42 »

Here is what I got to work. After talking with axis support, I had to change the onvif stream profile to 8000kb and also the main h264 profile to constant and 8000kb max. The cameras function great now. Can not wait to get a few 4K h265 cameras and see the difference. Thanks
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Working with 4K cameras I wouldn't look for a Cheap 4K solution. It will sadly suffer at the night time.. There are a few out there that have good sensor and work ok at night.. Another issue not always but at times the FPS of higher MP camera get lower as well.. So low light and low FPS is just not a good Combo... Another thing I thought I would mention.. While my 4108h says it is only a 5mp NVR oddly it does work with my 4k camera however it is very slow and cars going by there was a delay of a good 4 or 5 seconds even day time.. So I changed my Encoding to 1080p and it works great.. now my 2116 it works fine.. On both the camera would work just fine at 25fps however not all cameras can run at 20 or even 25fps at 4k.. However at 1080p I can run this camera at 60fps however I only run it at 30...

So I changed what I was going to say and point out different cameras that are only working at 15fps but don't want to point fingers at any 1 camera... So I will say this... A camera at 300 or more that has a Motorized lens and only works at 15fps can preform better then say a Fixed lens camera that is doing the same 15fps however the down side is for it to work better one would need to have it working better then 6 or 9mm zoom fov that is because it will have less to process.. However that also means it will need more light... However most of the Zoom lenses that are motorized will have progressive IR as well... Maybe not always but most times...

Daytime picture yes crazy nice picture Keep in mind night time large FOV means more processing time will be needed and this can cause Motion Blur...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe