All Cameras Recording at Same Time Using Motion Detect

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Geko

All Cameras Recording at Same Time Using Motion Detect

Post by Geko »

So i Have a couple of cameras recording at completely sepearte locations from each other and it seems that they all end up recording at the exact time even though there is no motion in a different camera that started recording.

Is there a reason for this?
This would eat up storage space when 1 camera triggers a motion detect then all cameras start recording.

See picture attached.

https://imgur.com/wbrTyXP

Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: All Cameras Recording at Same Time Using Motion Detect

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello,, I am not sure what your Hardware is.. If People had that it might be easier to understand what is going on...

Without knowing this is my Guess...

On a NVR or DVR there is an option in the Events Tab under Detect where it says ch1 you pick to enable and set up a region.. However if you look down from there it might be that someone on one or all of your Recorders CH setup have marked Record Channel 1-16 or however many cameras you have... This is where you would or could also pick to do a Tour, or record a Snapshot of what things going on... That is only way I can think of off the top of my head without knowing what system your working with why this would be happening...
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hardware in Question... I am not asking about your Computer Info... I was talking about your NVR? Or DVR? Your cameras that your having an issue with...

So if your using a computer and PC-NVR and not using a NVR/DVR for your recording.. As I said before it might be that your setup with when one Gets Motion all channels record... If your Using something outside of Amcrest for recording then I would contact the software or hardware your using..

However from what I know on all my Systems that have the ability.. You can on motion from 1 camera make other camera record at the same time.. I am going to guess that you have it setup as such...
Be Safe.
Drew

Post by Drew »

Did you ever figure this issue out?