AI DVR SMD records more events then SMD?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

AI DVR SMD records more events then SMD?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Well this is something that I have not noticed before today. Normally I don't I guess pay much attention seeing it normally just worked. However today I Format my HDD and I did a search in the normal way of looking up footage.

I have my System setup for IVS in Ch1 and then I have ch 2, 3 and 4 setup on SMD.. I have motion enabled and then I turned on SMD that says it works off motion, If I disable Motion then SMD don't work.. So I always just thought if it was setup SMD that it was only going to capture what I asked for either Human or Vehicle. I swore it used to work this way..

Main issue is I can't turn off record for Motion as that will turn off for SMD as well. If I turn on SMD email for say Ch4 that is my BackDoor, If I have a head light that sets off the event Motion will send me an email?

I don't understand. I mean this is how my Old system worked and I thought this new one didn't have this issue. I didn't know before to be honest because I never setup to send emails on my backdoor SMD before tonight. I mean I did have it setup on Push and that is working just fine. However getting email of a Headlight that trigged motion event isn't cool..

Here are 2 pictures of Search for normal way of looking up events and a picture of just AI SMD events...

Others work this way or was the last FW I given some time ago make my system all goofed up?
Screenshot (2945).png
Screenshot (2945).png (92.21 KiB) Viewed 1780 times
Screenshot (2946).png
Screenshot (2946).png (92.6 KiB) Viewed 1780 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe