Adding new garage to NV4116E-HS

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Adding new garage to NV4116E-HS

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So here are a few things to look at.
1 Camera connected to your local Network has DHCP or has a Static IP for your local network.
2 Camera don't require being setup (Initialized) before it can be used.
3 Make sure that the Camera and the NVR are on the same Network range for Local connection. I mean I have in my setup 5 routers, Most of my routers I have connected in a way that my main router hands out the IP to DHCP enabled devices. IF I connect a camera to one of the other routers that I have access to the internet with, my cameras will work on the app however because the Ip it would be running isn't in my normal network range I wouldn't have access to that camera on my NVR or local area network..

If I had to guess what might be going on, The camera in question needs to be setup to use DHCP and the IP it is trying to connect to isn't your normal network range so the camera isn't able to connect with your NVR and may not even able to be found until it is setup.

Lastly not sure what POE switch you are working with, If it is managed or if it is one with ability to hide the IP range it might be that the switch is keeping the camera from connecting to your network. Also if on the off chance that you have tried to use as POE camera connecting to your NVR's poe ports you might not find it if trying to access from a non shared port. Again 1-4 and 5-8 on a 4116E-HS so if you were to try and access the camera plugged into port 4 Cable from Switch to your NVR Port 4 and trying to setup on port 5 it might not even find the camera.

Worse case if you can't connect to the camera at all, You might have a defective camera.
Be Safe.
zplugger

Post by zplugger »

All my cameras on the
nvr are like 10.1.1.88 and so on. My camera on the poe switch is like 192.168.255 and the nvr does not see the 192.168.1.255 camera. My poe switch is a Gigabit PoE Injector. ASP will read it on the computer but NVR does not.
zplugger

Post by zplugger »

Thanks again, will let this rest for now. Got a new NVR coming first of week, will see how that will work with my other NVR
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Might want to change the IP of the camera. the .255 IP is normally not an IP that can be used by End User Devices. Normally the 0 and the 255 are not useable addresses with in the normal. 255 is reserved for broadcast. So I would look at changing that.

Then if your network normal range is 192.168.1.xxx then i would double check that your camera is on that range leaving 0 and 255 out of the setup of the device. So might look at the camera to setup for DHCP. it might be that the camera is trying to work on 192.168.1.108 and your network already has that setup for another device. Some cameras will come up with 192.168.0.108 or 192.168.1.108 setup as a static IP from factory and can cause issues. Best to use DHCP setting of not sure what Ip to setup the camera on for your LAN..
Be Safe.