AD410 doorbell will not connect to NV4108-HS

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Mercury

AD410 doorbell will not connect to NV4108-HS

Post by Mercury »

Hello,
Had three IP cameras and an AD110 streaming to my NV4108-HS NVR. Went and upgraded to the AD410 doorbell and cannot get it to stream like the AD110 had been. Do I maybe need to upgrade the NVR for the new doorbell? Maybe just a setting I am messing up? The cameras and NVR are several years old.

Thanks,

Mercury
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: AD410 doorbell will not connect to NV4108-HS

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum

It should be the same setting up the 410 as it was with setting up the 110.. I have had both the 110 and 410 on many different recorders..

Right now I have my 410 on my Amcrest 4216E-AI NVR and I will tell you that one of the great things with the 410 connected to my AI NVR is that it adds a rule into the IVS as Intrusion. So for Human detection you make a area you want it to protect when connected that shows up in the 410 window..
410.jpg
410.jpg (1.12 MiB) Viewed 3899 times
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

Sorry,

Forgot to add that it is connected to the Amcrest Smart Home App and functions as it should through the app. Once connected I gave it a static IP address through the router. When I try to add through the nvr it sometimes shows up to “add” but other times it doesn’t. When I can add it to the NVR it shows red dot (not connected) and no picture. I have edited the password to make sure I’m using correct one.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Understand and figure that you had it on the SH app already..

So I don't know only thing I can think of with that it almost sounds like it is having issues with Connection of Wifi..

So when you add it, then there is the Red dot I would make sure that there is one the right Password for the cameras but 2 maybe look in the NVR's log and see if it says what the real issue is the Red dot don't always mean password issue could be Encoding issue or not able to find the host..
Be Safe
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

“Can not find the network host” is what’s displayed on the screen. I took a few cameras off the NVR and added this by itself after switching it to 1080p (lowest) video resolution for the doorbell. Still not connecting. The log doesn’t really show anything besides camera drops even when set to show “all” events. Starting to wonder if dvr upgrade would fix this. Not sure. Thanks for the help.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well in theory the hs is a 4k recorder. Both camera and nvr need to be on same network. Canera at even the highest setting should work on the NVR in heading. So say nvr is 192.168.1.101 and camera is 192.168.1.105 this should have no issues connecting so look at your network info for camera and nvr make sure both on same network and gave same gateway and mask then all should be good.
Be Safe
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

Yes this is how I have attempted to connect it. The NVR is connected via Ethernet to my Orbi mesh network. The doorbell is grabbing an IP address from the same network in the same range (192.168.xx.xx) as the NVR. The orbi has a main router and then two satellites. I wonder if the doorbell is on one satellite and the NVR is on another. Would that make a difference since it’s all the same network?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Yes I am sadly going to guess that the Mesh Network is the issue...

So the main issue is Mesh. I personally don't have it because of the issues that people all around have talked about having with Mesh and IP cameras. Now some have said it could be caused by 2.4 and 5g both trying to access same or something and some have reported in areas of turning off 5g has made it work for them not that is what you would want to do seeing the 410 works on 5g..

So Personally I don't know if there is a way that a person can connect in a Switch to make it work.. In some switches a person can make a IP forward to a port and make that port work like the hardware and only data meant for that would go to or from it and the such.. This would have to be a Managed Switch .

I am guessing at some point I am going to need to break down and buy a Mesh Router to figure out how to make things work better when it comes to IP cameras
Be Safe
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

That specs on the AD410 say it can work on either 2.4 or 5 ghz. I’ll try shutting down 5 and see if forcing it onto 2.4 allows the connection. The previous AD110 connected no problem on 2.4. Thanks.
Micky

Post by Micky »

I usually start the Sub Stream and it comes up. Maybe try that because it uses a lower resolution and less data throughput.