AD410 doorbell will not connect to NV4108-HS

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Mercury

Re: AD410 doorbell will not connect to NV4108-HS

Post by Mercury »

Hello,

I have added the cameras through the NVR interface and also through the web Ui for the NVR. The doorbell is identified by both and shows up when I use device search. It then adds to the NVR but never connects. It did work fine through a non mesh nighthawk, but then the cameras started dropping as It didn’t have enough range for them. I went back to the orbi. I have 2 satellites. Cameras work perfect but no dice on the doorbell. I was product testing the AD410 for Amcrest and sent in my findings. I’m hoping for an update that will make it play nice. It works flawlessly through the smart home app. Just wish it would through the NVR. One thing I did notice is that when I had it connected through the nighthawk non mesh, the serial number was visible when I added the doorbell. When using the Orbi router it adds to the NVR, but doesn’t pass through the serial number like the non mesh nighthawk did. I also noticed that over time the doorbell also stays connected to WiFi but does not show up in the router table. Even though I gave it a static IP address. Weird. Good luck.
mgarbm

Post by mgarbm »

Is it worth trying to use the Orbi router alone without satellites or with just one satellite as close to doorbell as possible? How about if you turn down the transmit power of the 5ghz band or 2.4ghz band to see if connection improves? If I unplug my satellite the doorbell will jump to the router and stay connected to it even if I plug the satellite back on which is 6ft away! I'll then have to reboot the doorbell to make it reconnect to the satellite to improve connection.
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

I have tried this before and tried again today. I still get nothing. It makes no sense to me that the NVR finds and allows the add but then won’t display. I have an RBR20, so maybe the newer version of Orbi will work for others.
avigator

Post by avigator »

Mercury: Did you ever figure out a solution to this issue? My story is almost the same as yours. I have two AD110 doorbells. They both connect through a mesh network. They both work flawlessly through Amcrest's Smart Home. However, one of them will not stay connected the the NVR. When I reset the password on the device, it will reconnect for a day or two but will drop off and not connect again until I change the password on the camera and NVR login. Any solutions to keep it connected to the NVR? Thanks!!
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

Sorry if this comes through twice, but it appears to not have posted my first response. I never really figured out a solution to the mesh network issues. I switched back to regular non mesh router and it now works fine. Have you tried static IP address for each doorbell? I did not do that initially so when power or internet went out the doorbell grabbed another available IP address after restart, so in turn would no longer show on NVR.
avigator

Post by avigator »

Thanks for responding! My first reply just disappeared as well. I have both doorbells and NVR connected to the mesh network. All the devices have a static IP. The one doorbell works flawlessly. The other will not stay connected. I'm hoping I don't have to connect everything to the non-mesh network ... the signal strength is not strong enough to reach where the doorbells are. I'll keep trying!
avigator

Post by avigator »

I just enabled ipv6 on my mesh network. I don't know what that means, but the camera came right back online on the NVR. Fingers crossed!
Mercury

Post by Mercury »

Nice! Please update if the continues to work. I much prefer my mesh for WiFi reach and connectivity for everything else. Would like to go back if this becomes a work around.
avigator

Post by avigator »

The camera stayed connected to the NVR overnight. I'll report back in a week and let you know if this fix worked longer term.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Normally only reason a Smarthome product don't stay connected to a NVR is that after a Camera reboot or combo of Router and camera reboot that camera gets a new IP address that the NVR didn't understand it should change. Making a fast change in the NVR for the right IP is all that is needed because that should have been only thing that changed password and all other info should be the same. With Ad410 that Static IP can be made within the camera. People with other devices that don't have Static IP option will have to setup in Router for the device to get the same IP from then on. Like my ASH26, AD110 and other devices I have my router setup to give them the same IP address everytime even if I remove the camera from service for a month 6 month or longer as long as I don't change that rule when I connect that camera again it will get the IP address I have setup in my Router to give it..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe