Access multiplexed (quad) view from NVR via RTSP

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
boriskatlov

Access multiplexed (quad) view from NVR via RTSP

Post by boriskatlov »

Using NV4116-HS, via Amcrest Surveillance Pro app on Android, it is permitted to live view "[nvr-name]-0Channel0" which appear to be a single stream with multiplexed view duplicating what is being output to local display.

Using RTSP to access individual cameras through DVR works as documented with URL like
rtsp://(NVR)/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0

What is URL to access an RTSP stream of multiplexed output? This very useful to provide low-bandwidth distribution of system view throughout complex.
flptrnkng

Re: Access multiplexed (quad) view from NVR via RTSP

Post by flptrnkng »

NV4108-HS here, and I am also looking for the magic RTSP code to display the matrix view of all the NVR's channels.

Like the previous poster, I note the View Pro app can display the camera matrix view (actually mirrors what's seen on the HDMI port output) by selecting 0Channel-0.
jack7

Post by jack7 »

Suggestions:
You could try using WireShark on your PC to capture the code being sent from Amcrest View Pro to the NVR.
Or, depending on your situation, you could try a HDMI to RTSP encoder attached to your NVR HDMI output.
flptrnkng

Post by flptrnkng »

I figured it out; use channel 9 (for the 8 channel NV4108-HS) to get the matrix view as an RTSP stream. The stream that's provided is the one that shows on the HDMI port.

rtsp://NVR_IP:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=9&subtype=0

you can add the NVR user/password to this link if you wish.