7108-AI some issues

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

7108-AI some issues

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I have another thread that mentions about the issue with the NEW 5mp color at night camera from Amcrest. IT don't work well on the 7108 and comes in at 3mp only on CVI and the audio sounds like there is an Alien invasion. So today i connected my new 4k cameras and I have asked about this in the past without any reply about others that are using the 4k on this DVR.. Well the DVR works great with the 4k cameras besides there is an Audio issue while using the built in Mic. I personally have not used the little pig tail to connect a mic but my guess is that it will be the same issue..

On the DVR using a 8mp camera it does offer an option that isn't there in the 8M16-H5 that I also own. That is the 4k-H and that really is about 4mp if you add up the numbers however it is to turn the camera in a format that would let you have it in a side yard that is shallow to pick up your Narrow yard and not so wide that it picks up the neighbors side yard or back yard like it would if you ran it in FULL MODE..

So what happens on the 7108 while connected? Well the Picture looks nice. However when you turn on the Audio it is delayed to come on, in live view and when it does come on it will stay on for a short time then you will hear a POP and nothing then it comes back on for a short time and then POP and nothing.

However connecting this camera to my 8M16-H5 it loads up in 4k without issue and audio stays online without any issue as well. This is using the same cable as the cable I used on the DVR and I have swapped out the cable with little to no difference so it isn't really cable issue as I thought it might have been at the start of testing the 4k cameras.. I have a couple of them the same issue on all formats of CVI from the lowest to the larges offered setting in CVI of the camera..

Just thought I would point that out and I have passed this along to Amcrest and wait for a FW update to correct this issue... Almost 300 for this DVR without a HDD I would have hoped this wouldn't be an issue.

In my older DVR 7fps and in my 7108 it does run in 15fps as the DVR says it would even though the Camera states it is 25fps. I personally don't know any CVI DVR right now that works at 25fps. So this Camera is for Future upgrade maybe at some point. Not in this DVR.. I have tested the camera in all formats and Audio only works in the CVI in both the 8M16-H5 and the 7108. If you have the 5108 or 5116 would love to hear if these issues are in your DVR as well or is it only in the 7108.

Thanks
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
jmeray

Re: 7108-AI some issues

Post by jmeray »

@Revo2Maxx

I know this is an older thread, but I just got the 5116.
I cannot use Audio (even with an 8mp amcrest camera) when it is on TVI mode.
I can use Audio, when in CVI mode.
----
One issue I do find so far is that my 1080P cameras show the same video quality (visually) as the 8MP camera. I set the 5116 for that camera to QFHD or higher, but still on my computer screen, my 1080P camera has the same visual resolution/detail/color/etc. I thought I would be seeing better resolution, better view of license plates, more clearer, but its just not the case. Any thoughts?
---
Let me know if u need any more info about Audio on the 5116. it sounds clear, no popping, no losing audio, stays constant and although not super loud, its usable.
jmeray

Post by jmeray »

Ok an update. I switched the Cam to a diff resolution physically, TVI, CVI, and now the AUDIO has a constant static behind it. It was perfect previously, no static, but now I might be hearing what you heard previously "alien attack" i think u called it? ugh. I played around with it for 10min, couldn't get it to be quiet and nice again. Also, I notice that when I set the resolution to 1080P for that channel, the res showing on the LIVE VIEW screen is still showing 4k res. This COULD be related to the audio. When the audio was working before, the video was showing 1080P previously. Now it wont switch back to 1080P, its like the camera just ignores the Surveillance Pro settings. Could just be this camera. Analog/8mp/AMC4KDM28-B-V2. But overall, for my main issue, I still dont see any better quality in 8mp mode, than I do in 1080P mode for video. :(
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well odd, I am wondering if the Resolution you are talking about has to do with Sub Channel because they are the same normally. If not adjusted they might be really bad as well. I don't want to Reset mine right now to find out. But I think mine started the Sub channels in CIF format. AKA VERY SMALL lol.. However in all my DVR's first thing I do is change them to VGA of 640x480 or 704x480 depending on the machine..

I wonder if your 5116, is it just the Normal AI or is it the i3?

Yes Just looking at my 5mp pointing at my Truck by the back door, In Sub can't make out the date code on the Windshield in sub channel even at VGA used to run in 960H mode NVR's don't like that so I change them to the VGA.. In Main mode the camera Digital zoomed in I can make out the date code on the sticker.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe