7108-AI 16ch? What?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

7108-AI 16ch? What?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok so I know there are some systems out there that can do some Crazy things and I might have to look again as it might really be a 16ch after all..

Today I opened my Birthday Present early Ok so I have a couple that I have opened early lol.. Last month got the 4216E-AI and installed that and still learning on it for what is new and how to make things work the way I expect them too.. (Sometimes maybe I just expect to much lol)

Today Fedex dropped off my 7108 and I had to get it open and get the 2tb installed in it.. Setup everything and turned it on and right out of the gate it is a Different machine from my other older CVI unit that is for sure or my much older 960h machine both of them are from Amcrest.. I have many others but I to be honest this one is CRAZY cool and it is much like my Amcrest 960h in the way it can add or take away..

So the 960h+4 machine was cool because it would turn my 4ch 960h machine into a 8ch by adding 4 IP channels. Then you can disable the 4 BNC and have total NVR type setup with only 8 IP cameras...

So my Amcrest 7108 is the same in the since that I turned off 1 BNC and after the system rebooted I had 7 BNC and 9 IP channels for a total of 16ch...

So far only thing that is a little of a let down (I am expecting to much and I KNEW better) but one could wish lol.. That is my TVI PIR cameras don't let me activate the PIR ability of the DVR... This is some what of an issue because one of the cameras is Red/blue flashing LEDs and Siren and with my other machine that is TVI does let me use the option.. Then worse yet CVI DVR's only have 80 or 90 Presets and my Alarm is over 100 in my TVI unit so while it is awesome that they do work in my 7108 for camera recording and things I won't be able to use the Preset even to make it go off and that isn't all that cool lol..

So the Machine does Auto encode AHD, TVI, CVI, IP and CVBS I wish it would have unlocked the 255 presets that TVI units and older CVBS has Sadly they are UTC cameras so my Pelco Stick Controller can't control them..

However that is cool with me.. The + out shines the - in this DVR and is called XVR when you boot it up

This is a 4k DVR and so far out of all the systems that I own I would buy this DVR over all the other ones I own or have owned... This is by far my Favorite Recorder So far.. Really wish they went over Preset 80 though :(
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: 7108-AI 16ch? What?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Awww... Ok now that isn't to much fun lol.. Ok So I found out that with the IP turned on that disables the AI ability when I read the manual I just thought that AI had to be BNC only meant that there was no AI in the Cameras if I connected like my 1046EW-AI that only cameras connected to BNC.. However it means if you turn on IP to gain the other 8 ch you give up the ability to use the AI in the DVR.. Well darn lol.. Oh well. I want to look over AI and get back to IP later if needed.. I already have my AI NVR so I will work this out one way or another lol..

So buying this for AI ability there is NO IP...

Turn on IP then there is now AI and then better to just buy a 16ch NVR if wanting IP...
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: 7108-AI 16ch? What?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So if someone is looking for these DVR's here is some info you might find interesting..

I guess I mis-understood the stats because I was with the understanding that TVI on the 7108 would work at 15fps on TVI and I am going to guess that has to be with 4k because all my 1080p TVI are running 30fps on setup, I did have one that was acting strange and lucky it is a 4 in 1 Camera and was able to change it to CVI however CVI just don't look as good so I will try a few different cable options I have and see if I can get it back to TVI seeing that is where the Real good OSD settings are hidden...

Connecting my 5mp TVI cameras up to it the DVR Encodes it at 20fps so that is why I am guessing that 4k TVI is where the 15fps will come into play..

Sadly I now wish I had known this and to be honest I really wish I had a 51xx series so I knew what the real differences are between the 2 models because if it is just Encoding for 4k now starting to wish I had gone with the 5116-ai
Be Safe.