5116 or 7108-AI anyone?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

5116 or 7108-AI anyone?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Man this kind of Irks me.. I wanted to replace my 16ch DVR with something that has line crossing and intrusion like some of the MUCH older cameras I own and while I know they wouldn't work with NEW Tech AI I just wanted some NEWER tech.. I was sadly told NVR's was where the tech is, Sadly I had to look for a different DVR to take my 2mp to 5mp TVI cameras that I already own.. Well in Short I bought a different Line DVR and it isn't to late to return it yet I think I have 15 or 20 days left.. Hummm

So anyone have the 5116-AI or 7108-AI DVRs?

Does the 1046EW-AI work with either of them?

So there is the issue for me..
I need RS-485 and it looks like they have that (Check)
I need PIR Alarm integration to work with my PIR cameras (Not a Must but would be nice)
Line crossing and Intrusion (Check) however on all channels? or just a couple?
does this DVR have the ability to add IP channels? 1, 2 or 8?? Can this unit remove channels from BNC and become IP?
Does either DVR offer the Full Face Rec with storage and ability to upload a white list?

My Birthday is coming up 4-20 and I am going to either buy the AI NVR or the DVR and to be honest if it does what I need the DVR might be better way to go replacing my 16ch NVR and 16DVR already down sized my DVR to 8ch from a different company but not to happy with it to be honest...

Thanks for anyone that has any of the Amcrest AI DVR's for some feedback on them would be great..
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: 5116 or 7108-AI anyone?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well an update, Yesterday I got the Amcrest NV4216E-AI in and started installing the cameras.. I have my HD over Coax cameras running as well so the ones that I have not added back to the NVR yet is being covered with my other cameras...

So Now 7 to 10 days maybe sooner if I am lucky and I should have the 7108-AI.. Once it gets here I will install a 2tb hdd that is new and waiting for it's new home..

So why I picked the 7108-ai over the 51xx DVR's is because for me I need the 7xxx series seeing I have TVI cameras and the 5108 does 7fps where the 7108 does 15fps other then that it looks like the specs outside of the are the same form what I could tell looking at the Spec Sheets and the Manual...

So while it is a 4k DVR that I ordered I am using a 4k NVR and because of my needs at this time I only have a couple of 4k cameras sadly not as nice as I wish they were and maybe buying some Amcrest 4k to go with one or both systems is needed to make sure I don't want to just keep the level of cameras I already have, will have to see.. Right now I have 4mp and 5mp cameras and more then enough to fill both of the recorder to max.. What is most important to me is the RS-485 and my ability to work my older CVBS cameras over the webUI...

Anyone with these systems still looking for some insight to what others think so far.. Normally I am behind times when it comes to NEW Tech but want to be able to help answer questions with these recorders for others that are looking to buy them.. I will do some more messing around in the Recorders to get a little more Knowledge of the system however plan to make some Videos of Setup and the ins and outs of the system issue is right now don't know enough about them... So far I do know the 4216E-AI has 4.0 GUI that one has to be careful who they give the Admin password too... However the good news with the 4216E-AI that is different then my 2116-HS is that when someone shuts down by Remote another person logging in can't get in remotely like I can on my 2116-HS... I will have to see what happens with the DVR when it gets here...
Be Safe.