4216E-AI NVR all channels offline

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

4216E-AI NVR all channels offline

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So today I get up and find all my cameras are offline on my NVR. I come into the room and see the Network action is still working for the Ethernet port yet all cameras them being connected POE and over my normal network were all offline? So the NVR reboots every night at Midnight to keep with my AI View so I don't have things in the list from the last day. After a reboot at midnight all things in that list would be current days Events.

I looked in the NVR's logs don't see any errors that I can pin point as to why or what?

Anyone with this NVR or the 5216-8p or 5216-16p have this issue?

I have some POE cameras on ports 15 and 16 of the POE and all channels are filled. Now I have to go playback footage from backup Micro SD cards in the Cameras.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: 4216E-AI NVR all channels offline

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So now looking in all my logs I don't see anything anywhere about why this NVR and all the cameras had gone offline!

I have looked at all of the cameras that were connected POE, They were online and recording to MSD so there is that reason to why I normally use Micro SD even on POE cameras connected to POE NVR's because at times the NVR can be the cause and still providing the power to have backup on the Camera.. Also I normally have a backup NVR recording. However I took my 4116E-HS offline a couple of nights ago for some changes in my system. I really wish I would have had my cameras still online there as it would have maybe told me if it was related to my NVR and not Camera issue..

Looking at one of my cameras. The one that I thought might be the issue and was the first one to go offline in the NVR's log there was 182 Events in the last 24 hours and Sure there was only 1 log before the issue that change was to the Encoding. My guess as I don't remember all the changes I make I think might have been when I turned the Ext Mic on and had to setup in the camera as it come turned off normally. That was 9 hours or more before the NVR wide Crash. All other log events were from camera trying to log back in and the reboot info after the system was back online. It is dahua camera so every event has a start and stop log that kind of bothers me lol but oh well. I am just glad Amcrest has only starts in most things and not the start and stop of each event. I mean a log in start or offline is one thing but to have a start and stop of the same event geez..

The NVR HDD are no where close to being the issue. I have 10tb total installed 1 is 4tb and one is 6tb. the lower of the 2 has less then 200gigs used seeing it is only doing IVS/event recordings. The second HDD has almost 1tb used and does all the Sub Channel recording and snapshots. So isn't HDD related that I can tell as there was no HDD error logs.
Be Safe
bryeartem

Post by bryeartem »

Was your nvr display frozen or was each individual camera offline and you could still navigate on the nvr ? Like did each one say “device offline”
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

The system was working just all cameras were offline what is odd is all channels were off had the issie before not at the location when it happened so not sure however my son said it was only POE cameras were offline the ones on normal ip were still working. That was from 2 cameras going bad in storm. However this time it might have been normal switch that went down and took nvr with it because this time all were off and no access to local cameras over webui
Be Safe