4216E-AI and 2496EW-V2 not a good pair

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

4216E-AI and 2496EW-V2 not a good pair

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello all, So I thought I would pass along some info about the combo listed in the Subject line.

So I have a good few cameras and recorders. The 4216E-AI NVR while it is a nice NVR there are some things with it I don't like. One of the things is it don't always play well with all Amcrest Cameras.

When your told from someone that your Tech is old and might not work with current tech. Meaning my OLDER Amcrest 850EB when it was having some issues. So I get some newer tech to find out they don't like to play well either lol.. The 2496EW-v2 is not playing well. When there is motion it don't always detect and record. Turn off motion and add the IVS Tripwire from the camera and again it don't play well. So then I thought ok lets record some Snapshots to the Recorder and make some Time Lapse seeing my NVR has 2 HDD I setup my 6tb to be the main Recording HDD and a 4tb as my Snapshot HDD. This will let me not worry about access to the files every day like I was while using my Linux box to run Curl for images.

Change every second to every 30 and setup the full time to the HDD as I stated above. After about 10 min I look at the images and there are none. I look on Camera and the changes I made in the NVR didn't change in camera so I setup in camera and still nothing. I DL old FW for the 2496 install and reset it back to factory and still nothing after setting up again. I then think ok Maybe it is because I am using IVS (Even though that is how I have my 1046EW-AI camera setup) so I turn that off and still no images.. I then think ok maybe it just don't like making 8mp images so I change the camera settings to every option in the camera from 8mp to 1080p giving the camera more time then needed for it to start working.. Nothing at any setting..

So I connect the camera to my 4116E-HS thinking maybe the camera is at fault. Right away the camera is giving the Recorder image snapshots and able to play them back..

I connect it to my 2018E-HS and oh yeah because I put in 4.0 FW that recorder won't let me access the images from the NVR. I can access them from AVP and ASP so it works there as expected with only drawback of lack of GUI support for playback..

At the time of this writing 4216E-AI NVR and the IP8M-2496EW-V2 don't like each other and if you have one looking at the other for a good mate.. I would look at a different option.. I conclude that it isn't the Cameras fault, It is an issue with the NVR. I have tried it with 4 different FW for the NVR as well
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe