4216E-AI accessing the POE Cameras..

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

4216E-AI accessing the POE Cameras..

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello all. So with owning the 4216E-AI I thought I would write things as I find them..

So in the past when you wanted to access your POE Cameras you had to have access to the POE ports or have Virtual Host or some other way. At times this means that your Camera might need to be Removed from your NVR, Connected to a POE Switch if you owned one or a Poe Injector so you can make some changes..

First of all Making a connection to the Back side of a 4216E poe port there is no access to the other cameras from that port. So that means there is no cable around ability to make changes to the cameras.

So to access the cameras you will have to Connect your NVR to the WebUI by going to the NVR's IP menu.. in my case that would be http : // 10.0.0.223 I put in spaces in the first part so it wouldn't make a clickable. Anyway once you log in there using the admin and password for your NVR you can click on the Management in the top left and then Camera. Then in the bottom list it will show IP addresses for your cameras and the cameras in the list without a clickable trashcan is POE cameras that are connected. on the right of that cameras list will be e for IE and first time you will have to give access to the NVR POP.. Log back in again and do again click on the Cameras e again this time it will load a IP with your NVR's ip in it and a Virtual Port Number for that camera and you can log in and make changes you wanted to make...

So lets say you have some cameras you want to connect to the Back IP ports and could look like your POE cameras when connected however oddly it don't show the POE Icon and I am guessing that must be because they are POWERED where the pass though one isn't? Anyway when you connect a cable to your NVR POE port to your Network Switch, hub or Router, you will not have access to any of the cameras back there however you can on your NON POE cameras change the IP to a POE IP range and with that cable being connected you can add that camera to your NVR back side... So in my Case, I Changed my 1051W to a IP address on my NVR's range of 10.1.1.x and the cameras IP is 10.1.1.213 where before it was 10.0.0.213 I just changed the 2 center numbers and changed the gateway to the IP range... Now it didn't add it Auto like it does when you plug in the POE camera however when I click on the Ch in this Case CH10 I did a device search, found that 10.1.1.213 and added it.. Normally it will see that camera even without a pass though however if you don't have that pass though it will not be able to add it because it isn't in the right Range... My NVR normal Network Range is 10.0.0.xxx and it does add cameras in that range as well.. However oddly enough the NVR passes the Camera IP from front side and back side ranges wow on the Front side that is crazy lol.. In my other systems the pass though had to be in place for the IP to work on the back side IP range..

Why this might matter.. Well some people might have a Network where others can gain access to the network and if they have access to cameras in the same range of the camera then they could access it However if they know the cameras other range they could try and access that range as well However this also will stop the Cameras IP from accessing the Internet because it is outside the Range of the Router so it can help with Security in a since.. Even using P2P in the camera it will not access the Internet so the access to P2P will be offline rather then online..

So in the End.. Right now my NVR has let me access 10.0.0.xxx cameras on the NVR that is my normal Ip range for this area, then the back side ip range 10.1.1.xxx I am able to setup a camera with that range, not even use a pass around cable like I have to on my older POE NVR's this one Takes both and installs them without issue.. Again Changing the IP on my normal range to the backside range turns off the cameras access to the Internet and might be a good way to only have cameras Wireless or wired POE or non connected with only access to the P2P server is the NVR...
CamerasAdded.png
CamerasAdded.png (128.34 KiB) Viewed 728 times
Be Safe.