4216E-AI Accessing other Amcrest Recorders

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

4216E-AI Accessing other Amcrest Recorders

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I thought I would touch base on this topic. While I have said somewhere I can't seem to find where that you can access another Amcrest DVR and have access to all Channels on the second recorder not just CH1 like some of my other recorders.. There is something I found out after resetting my 7108-AI DVR back to Factory Default tonight when I wanted to connect back with a camera I had on CH6 I was no longer allowed to do this by default..

So I thought I better make mention of what needs to be done in order for this to work.. Channel Zero needs to be turned on for the ability to access any Channel on the other Recorder that is deeper then Ch1..

What I mean, With my 4216E-AI NVR, I wanted to have access to my Analog PTZ camera that is normally on Ch6 of my DVR.. With Channel Zero setup on the DVR I can setup the NVR to access any of the Channels of my DVR.. Without the Channel Zero setup I only can have access to channel 1 of the DVR..

What is even better then this?

Well I have a few cameras on my DVR that are now on my NVR as well. Don't get me wrong it isn't that I don't have enough IP cameras for my NVR I have more then my 16ch NVR can take.. I just have some other cameras on my other machine I would like to have access to on my NVR.. Seeing the 7108-AI don't have any alarm in or outputs I have a few cameras that I can use the NVR alarm in to set off presets on the cameras that are on my DVR...
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
bryeartem

Re: 4216E-AI Accessing other Amcrest Recorders

Post by bryeartem »

So I just stumbled across this and recently posted a question about an Amcrest Poe switch… but reading this are you saying I could use my old 4108e (could have wrong model would have to dig it out again) and access those cameras connected to that from my nv4216e-ai? I didn’t even think of this being a possibility…

EDIT.. sorry just saw your response on my other post (notifications were off). I see you somewhat explained some of it there.. I’ll start there with the switch when it comes, thank you.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well Yes you can use your cameras connected to the OLDER NVR.. I infact found out that what I thought my 4108E was only able to support only 1 channel it will if I wanted to run all 8 on the 4216E-AI NVR.. I will admit that I do have 3 channels on my 7108-AI DVR in use on my 4216E-AI.. When I connected my 4108E the first time I thought I was having issues with PTZ of my 850 that was connected and I have tested it now a few different times and it does act the same way each time.. When making the connection the camera don't want to work over the 4216E-AI however what I have found is once that recorder uses the PTZ at the 4108 after doing so the camera will work without issue from then on, on the 4216E-AI..

So testing all my Recorders in this matter, I found that any that offer the Channel Zero can use all channels from that recorder if wanted.. I personally only need a few some of them are PTZ cameras that are 960h Analog that when bought was very costly and sure the camera don't have as great picture quality on the NVR at night but day time works great.. I do have a 5mp on my back door that is Analog TVI and use the NVR for that channel along with some of my Analog PTZ cameras.. Some of the feeds I don't show and some I have shown in some videos that I have made.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So after doing some more testing between my 4216E-AI and my 4108e I thought I would post some info that I am not sure if fact just how it seems to be working every time I add another camera and or remove and add one back. I think the issue might be because the camera is behind the POE NVR on the back side that it needs a line of Communication to link the cameras to the NVR.. (This is my Theory) The reason I say this is before this I had only connected the 850eb and first time tested it I thought well that bites I can see the camera can't access the PTZ.. Then pulled the idea, However after revisiting the system I setup the camera to the NVR, then NVR to the NVR and after turning on Channel Zero I was also able to pull in 1-8 rather then just 1 ch normally ch1 for other systems without Channel Zero in the device. So I then took and moved another camera I have that is POE from its Outdoor housing seeing that was a 250 upgrade to the camera I had bought originally for inside my Large Barn on the West Coast, Anyway after I moved I needed it outdoors so bought the Heated dome for it. So I could keep the housing installed and use the camera in different location I connected it to the NVR and it was same way. After first making the connection as before Camera to 4108E, then NVR to NVR there was no PTZ, After at the 4108 moving the camera on that NVR back at the 4216 I am able to control..

There is something I feel anyone reading this and needing or wanting to do this. While I can't say how it will work on others what I know with mine while working on the 4216E-AI NVR while connected to my PTZ cameras that are connected to my Amcrest 7108-AI DVR on WebUI I get less then 10min of PTZ ability before I have to log out and log back in and to be fair I think it might be even as low as 5 min of PTZ time.. This is while I am connected to my 4216E WebUI.. So if you use the WebUI a lot like I do keep that in mind while working with an Analog DVR over the NVR's WebUI.. At first I thought I had to reboot the machine then thought lets just try and relog and sure enough I was able to use my PTZ controls again...

So to be clear, I have Amcrest 8ch 4k DVR that I use to control my Older Analog Samsung PTZ cameras, I have some channels on my 4216 that are connected though my 7108 DVR, When I log into the 4216E WebUI to access my cameras and say I bring up my 3370-THN, I can access the PTZ, gain access to my OSD for the camera as expected. However lets say I am making a change with-in the OSD for Motion Tracking that I have to setup on a Preset, if I make this change and it can take a little while sometimes lol, if I go say into the Recording area of the NVR and then I try to go back and access the PTZ controls I will no longer have control, I can change to another channel that has my Samsung 2120 or my 2371TH and all access to PTZ controls will be lost.. Now I have not tried to access my 850 that is connected VIA the 4216 so I will need to go and see if it is System wide or if it is only a Communication link between the DVR anD NVR that cause the outage.. I am thinking that it is only a Timmer programmed into the FW that makes it stop working. Like the way the NEW 4.0 FW recorders will make us relog after WebUI connection time out. I am guessing that when they made the PTZ timer setting within the FW it is for the TIME and is different then the time for the NVR going off line..
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I didn't time it but that is an issue with the NVR as a WHOLE and isn't related to the communication between the 2 Recorders seeing when the system no longer works for my Analog cameras I tried to access my 850 that is connected Direct to the NVR not a Recorder to Recorder connection and it was also throwing that error...

First Picture is Recorder to Recorder and second picture is the 850. The 850 in CH16 is the one that is connected to my 4108E.. So I will start a Ticket for that as it shouldn't be codded this way that it will stop access to PTZ cameras after a set time. It might be 15 min I wasn't smart enough to check the start time lol
Screenshot (606).png
Screenshot (606).png (113.52 KiB) Viewed 5568 times
Screenshot (607).png
Screenshot (607).png (113.39 KiB) Viewed 5568 times
Be Safe