4108-A2 and the like

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

4108-A2 and the like

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So setting up a 4108-A2 and found a few things that I thought I would pass on so others know..

First it seems that after setting up Email and doing a test that passes. Then you get alerts on your phone or Events capture footage to the HDD but you don't get an email. I am not sure if it is something on this NVR or if it is Model Wide. So to turn them on or off at will there is a little Bell icon on the NVR's normal GUI window at the top right. It will be a Bell with a line though it when off. If you want to get the Emails then turn on that Bell and make it RED. Once it is Red it is active and the email will come. Next

Second, The NVR is plagued with the issue of being able to turn off the device from Remote connection or local connection over the WebUI. This is a Flaw that I mentioned on the HS model and others. Why this is an issue is, If you are not local to the unit and you do a shut down. You can still log into the device and it will display all the cameras and give the idea that the device is active. However lets say while you were online the WebUi being remote and you see an event happen on a camera you know is setup for that event. Then you try to play it back doing a search for the event will come up empty. So then lets say that you think maybe the HDD is full and you have it setup to Stop Recording when full. Looking there your HDD is only 1/2 full so you don't know what is going on. However if you look at the screen on the NVR's GUI you will notice that it says
Screenshot (820).png
Screenshot (820).png (22.96 KiB) Viewed 1500 times
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: 4108-A2 and the like

Post by Revo2Maxx »

There is another issue that I have talked about in the HS and that was the ability to access the Admin area, Adding in Pattern, email and Q&A to get into the older DVR/NVR's and I personally don't understand why the A2 is also setup with the same flaws... Now I will admit that there is no Zero Channel issue so that is good...

However that issue isn't 1/2 as bad as what is listed above.. So please keep your system safe. Don't leave it open to free access and if you are going to leave your place open for someone to have access while you are away from home. Don't give them access to your NVR even with the Pattern enabled already. All that has to happen is have access to that area enter all the recovery options that you want and you own the Recorder. I mean I don't understand, you can't make a change to the password without first entering the password. At least that is good and still works

Another thing that is good anyway. They did update it to make it so the HDD can't be Formatted without knowing the Password so that is good.

Be safe, Don't leave your system active while away. This way you know your account is safe
Be Safe.