4.0 FW DVR/NVR word of Caution

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

4.0 FW DVR/NVR word of Caution

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I know it is just easy to setup your recorder and make a Pattern, Thinking you have a good password and if you forget no issue you can send in for a replacement and your questions you have setup so just give out the pattern to your Admin or family.

Please don't.. Take my word for it. If you want other people to have local access to your Recorders then make them an account and don't let anyone see what your pattern is while you are unlocking your Recorders.

I wish it was easy to say that everyone can have a pattern and setting up will unlock for what account however the Pattern is as far as I know right now only for Admin account.. Click change user and log in as a new user for your Managers or other admins outside of the main owner of the machine.

If you have them access your NVR from another Terminal most times and want to give them admin access I would also as I have said in the past make sure to setup the Admin account without "Device Maintenance" checked. This will keep them from shutting down your system by remote. Some systems with 4.0 no issue shut down will do that but ones like 2116-HS only in the GUI will you know it is shut down logging in WebUI it still feel like it is going just no footage is recording..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: 4.0 FW DVR/NVR word of Caution

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Also thought I would mention that normally I keep my NVR running after I log in because I don't want to have to log in every 10 minutes. However after finding what I did with only access to the Pattern or leaving the system signed in I will start to make it a habit of logging out and leave the 10min Auto Log out turned on. Only down side to this is that in order to access my PTZ cameras I will have to log in or put in my Pattern and in that time someone can miss a lot when things happen fast at times...

So Keep your DVR/NVR safe log out and don't share your pattern or password with others.

Also keep in mind that even if your system has a Reset button in the NVR it might not work when you want it to and will have to fall back on the Email Reset or Q&A to reset it.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe