3 out 4 Cameras Not Working

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Phorce

3 out 4 Cameras Not Working

Post by Phorce »

During the past week 3 of 4 cameras have just go offline. One is working normally.

Things I have tried:
- Rebooting NVR
- Resetting each camera
- Accessing camera directly through browser
- Removing cameras (NVR immediately finds them again and adds them back)
- Tested Network connection which is wired through COAX and gets about 90/90 MB up and down.

Looking for troubleshooting suggestions at this point. All cameras are wired POE into the NVR. Bought in a kit with the NVR and 4 cameras. Been installed for about 60 days with no issues until now.
2022-10-30_20-10-36.png
2022-10-30_20-10-36.png (25.88 KiB) Viewed 530 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: 3 out 4 Cameras Not Working

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Just a guess, in the screen your picture is from click the pencil of the first camera that isn't working and change password to the current password of the camera. It could be that the Nvr is locked out so reboot NVR after change. If the second one comes on line reset passwords for other 2 and reboot nvr again to clear them being blocked
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Also looking at your picture if your 4th camera is connected to port 4 might want to remove and reboot and connect again as that should be port4 not 37777
Be Safe
Phorce

Post by Phorce »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:42 pm Also looking at your picture if your 4th camera is connected to port 4 might want to remove and reboot and connect again as that should be port4 not 37777
When you click edit on any of these cameras the port shows as 37777, not sure why the listing is showing Port# instead in the list.
Phorce

Post by Phorce »

Revo2Maxx wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:39 pm Just a guess, in the screen your picture is from click the pencil of the first camera that isn't working and change password to the current password of the camera. It could be that the Nvr is locked out so reboot NVR after change. If the second one comes on line reset passwords for other 2 and reboot nvr again to clear them being blocked
I tried changing the passwords and rebooting, same issue. I removed the camera which were not working and added them back, same result.

The channel 1 camera continues to work with no issues. Other 3 channels are not streaming but the NVR does detect them.
Phorce

Post by Phorce »

I just entered a support ticket, I purchased this system on Amazon on August 9th and I am outside of the Amazon return window. I bought this system because the support is supposed to be good, I guess we will see if that holds true.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I am clear, and understand?

Your NVR is a POE NVR? Your cameras are connected to the POE Ports on the NVR? If that is the case then your cameras should show Port# for the connected cameras and 37777 for ones that are Amcrest or the like. If lets say the cameras were Hikvision then it would normally show 80 or some other port that was setup outside the normal Amcrest and the like..

So I understand better? You can remove the camera from the NVR, connect to Power supply or POE switch and access the camera and log in normally? gaining access to the WebUI of the camera?

Please note that if your Camera was Reset and not changed in a Setup (Just Reset and connected back to the NVR) Then cameras being connected to the NVR normally start out on POE as admin admin.. If and only if you have made changed in the WebUI to something other then then default admin admin would you want to change that. Now my guess is that from you saying that you removed and added back it would need a little more work then then this for the NVR to really understand that is what you want. The Camera and NVR kind of make a Fingerprint if you will when you connect. So if you connect back to the same port then it will try what you had it setup last time.

Something to try..

Remove camera, connect to POE switch or POE Injector and try to log into the camera. If don't have any of them use a 12v power supply with at least 2amps of current to connect to your camera. Also another thing to try is to put camera 2 on port 3.. and 3 in 2 and so on to see if it will reset the IP and the system it will or should say that the system already has a camera there are you sure you want to use the port..

IF you can't connect to the cameras outside of the NVR via what you think is the user and pass again trying admin and your password and admin admin as the options. If you can't then Reset the camera again VIA the Reset button the camera, Then log into the Cameras WebUI, Then it will ask you to setup new password, Give it the password you want. don't leave it admin admin. IF you bought system used they might have accessed your cameras remotely and changed them cameras.. Don't leave your cameras setup as admin admin in your NVR. YOu can connect them and then do a NVR password change and then it will ask to sync with the cameras and that is what you should do.
Be Safe
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So I was going to post this earlier however had a call and got me off track and just submitted what I had.. Anyway looking at the 2 pictures below you can see in the first one that it is showing my Port8 camera and that one in the Pencil area there as you said 37777 and in the second picture you can see that all of the ones listed with the Port 37777 is on a different IP range where my POE camera connected to POE port8 is on a 10.10.1.xxx range..

So if your trying to connect your 10.1.1.xxx range camera from the front side of your NVR then they will not get pulled though, You will need to make sure that the Range of your normal network and IP for your NVR like in my case is 10.0.0.xxx. The only NVR that I own that can do a back IP pull from the front is my 4216E-AI NVR. Even then they don't stay on that IP range for a long time. However I can pull 10.1.1.xxx and 10.0.0.xxx from my normal network side of the NVR..

Also if your trying a pass around and trying to pull in cameras from front side using a cable to the back from your normal network not all NVR like to work in that mode and if that is what your trying to do cable to camera to POE of the NVR is best method.
Screenshot (3532).png
Screenshot (3532).png (117.95 KiB) Viewed 503 times
Screenshot (3533).png
Screenshot (3533).png (119.09 KiB) Viewed 503 times
Be Safe
Phorce

Post by Phorce »

Thank you for taking the time to reply and help me troubleshoot this, Amcrest support has not replied yet.

I only have the single NVR which came with the 4 camera kit I bought on Amazon. All the cameras are Amcrest.

I tried changing all the ports, swapped 1 and 2 & 3 and 4 so they were all on new channels.

Now all the cameras show Port# but you can see only one is working. I suppose this is some progress as it rules out the channels being bad.

Other than unplugging and plugging back in how are the POE (IP5M-T1179E) cameras reset?
2022-11-01_19-45-20.png
2022-11-01_19-45-20.png (23.71 KiB) Viewed 498 times
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

I am not 100 % sure about that camera but I think it has a hatch you can open where a slot is for Micro SD card and in that hatch will be a small reset button. To reset that camera you will need to hold button upto 45 seconds
Be Safe