3 out 4 Cameras Not Working

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
Phorce

Re: 3 out 4 Cameras Not Working

Post by Phorce »

Resetting the cameras worked. The reset button was behind a small panel with 2 screws on the camera body.

I suspect some power blips a week ago is the cause of the issue. I am going to get a battery backup for the NVR and see if this helps going forward.

One last issue, one of the cameras is using port 10080 which Chrome and Edge say is a "unsafe port" so it does not allow me to access the camera directly. This makes it so I cannot reset the password on it. Have you worked around this issue before?

Thanks again for all your help.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Good to hear, However please be sure to make the changes to the cameras Password..

So to get past the issue with 10080 you will want to do this if using Edge and Chrome, Lets say the camera your wanting to access is on port2 of the NVR. aka Ch2. So what you will want to do is click on the Ch3 camera before you click on the Ch2 this way it will access the Ch3 on 10080 and then ch2 will be accessed on 10081.

However please note that if your only trying to work on changing the passwords to the camera and want them the same as your NVR then you can change the password in the NVR once you save/apply it will then ask if you want to Sync with your cameras. If you apply/yes then it will change all connected cameras that are able to be changed non Dahua/Amcrest cameras like Hikvision will not change auto so you would need to access via Virtual Host as your talking again always click 1 camera you don't want to log into the WebUI so it will catch the 10080, Then the second one you click the e on will open on 10081..
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
Phorce

Post by Phorce »

All passwords changed and cameras working, thanks for all your help.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Awesome glad to hear all is working now.
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
patric

Post by patric »

It sounds like the Daylight Saving Time bug that occurs when DST ends. The software cant cope with two 2AM times so it becomes neurotic and either randomly goes offline or stops recording.
I have had good luck with reformating the SD cards and rebooting.