2 NVR's on same network

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
zplugger

2 NVR's on same network

Post by zplugger »

Got both NVR's running on same network , one in house and one in a garage. I'm just in testing mode right now,4 cameras in house and one camera in garage.I get all house cameras on my phone app and have to turn on start live view (24) to see the garage camera. Is thier a way to move and lock it into camera view 1-9 box 5.? Another question is do the nvr's talk at each other on same network? should I be able to see all cameras on each nvr? Guess what I mean is should house nvr pick up the camera on the garage nvr? Just couple little bugs I need to try and fix if possible. Could the router cause any of these problems?
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: 2 NVR's on same network

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So there is a lot there.. So lets try and do it this way..

Bring up AVP (Phone app I am guessing your talking about).. Bring up your view with the first NVR. then at the top of the window press the icon on the top right, now click the name of the second NVR (name not the Button) once you do this it will open the NVR, Now click on the channel you have setup in the NVR. This will add the NVR's channel to your live view area. CLick on Start Live ivew and it should change from what ever number of items you had choose before to adding the 1 more.. Now it is in your view click over right to left to cycle the cameras. if you want to look at them all in a small grid view click one of the options above the talk listen PTZ and all the cameras you have picked will load in a Grid View...

Now about the NVR.. When you are on your main NVR if you want to load the camera from the Garage you will do a search or just do a Manual ADD and add in the NVR IP in your Main NVR as I said in another post when you were asking.. Doing this will load the channel 1 to start, However when you have more if you want to add the others you will have to load ch1 then go to the edit of that Channel, then click on Connect, then choose the channel then in the Camera info for that camera it will load in and show the channel you have it connected to normally they would say CH1 If you want I am more then happy to make a Video for you of how to add NVR to NVR? and post it to my youtube. I will look to see if I have one already posted if I do I will list it here as it might be unlisted.
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So here is some videos.
first this one is how if you didn't know already how to connect to your POE Camera on a POE NVR using the NVR's Virtual Host. Please keep in mind that when you connect the NVR's camera you will not be able to connect to the camera in this way from your main NVR in the house you will want to connect to the Garage NVR to connect to them cameras in this method.
https://youtu.be/oIdbookn6qw?si=jiaZze5q7o9Ucxf8 this is from over a year ago added. It has a little over 1k views. and isn't a Unlisted video.
Here is one where I show the camera of my 4216E-AI NVR that was connected on CH8 changed over to Ch6 that is showing my 1046EW-AI camera.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YqgVMtya4g
This video is showing when I setup a POE camera from a NVR going to another NVR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qosgCuzKX6U

So maybe these will give a better idea. If these didn't' help or the Audio is to low I have changed my Mic since making all of these Videos and I am willing to make another Video if that would be better. However maybe these listed in this post was enough to get your camera connected from 1 NVR to another. If not let me know and I will make another video for you.
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Ok, Well I uploaded another video that I made Unlisted. This video is better, Audio is better as I have a better Mic then I was using in the past. So skip the older Videos and just watch this one LOL..
https://youtu.be/KIn9UR26iT0

In this video, I setup on my 4108E-HS a camera ok 2 cameras that is connected on my 4116E-HS. Now in the video it does show the method I used you could pull in more then 1 camera at 1 time. I only did 1 camera at a time for this video. Just keep in mind at the point where I click all and then removed all you can add as many as you like at that 1 time if you had more then 1 connected. I just was doing it as a Demonstration of how to add a camera. I added in this video Ch6 and Ch7. Now I will admit that there is 1 point that I left out of this video that was covered in my other videos that I posted in my last reply. That is turning on Virtual Host. Now in some cases this might not be needed and in some cases if the NVR you are working with has Channel 0 Option toggle. You might not be able to add more then Ch1 without turning on Channel 0 on the NVR. So keep that in mind. You will know this is the issue if when you click the Connect button and only option is 1 channel and not the amount of channels that is offered in the NVR.. Not an issue on all NVR's Some have this options others don't.
Be Safe.
zplugger

Post by zplugger »

Nice Video Revo2Maxx and thanks for your time making it. I watch it about 5 times today trying to make my system work. I just can't get it, but after a couple hours of no luck had a idea. My two nvr's are NV4108E-HS and NV 4116E-HS ,was trying to get the garage camera on the nv4116 with no luck, so I tried it the other way. I can get all the NV4116 on the NV4108 just like your video ,without your help would of never been able to do that. But the problem is I want the NV4108 cameras on the NV4108. Im using right ip address but the step in adding the camera does not connect, so I cant choose what to pick. The NV4108 should show 8 but only shows 1. Something on the NV 4116 is not letting it connect? Is the NV4116 to old? Any suggestions will be apricated like always. Seems like if it works one way it should work other way.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

OK so here is an idea. If it works one way it should work the other. Both machines are on the same IP range? Or is it maybe setup with the 1 IP of the one you were able to setup from has a DMZ for the IP However in most cases this DMZ would be a different IP then the NVR it self. So then next area to look and this can be done with your AVP however keep in mind that if you do this next step it can make your viewing setup in AVP out of how you want it setup so you will need to add back in the channels you want to view. However might not be an issue.
In your phone app, click on the top right icon, then go to the NVR in question, then click the NVR (Not the Radio button) then click Zero Channel if it has one. IF it don't have one then you need to look at the NVR to turn on Zero Channel. IN your NVR it might be listed as Zero Channel 0 and 1 or just might only 1 Zero Channel option. If there is a toggle to turn on Zero Channel then turn on and try to setup cameras again on that NVR..

Again this is working with the NVR that it didn't want to connect. I have a First Generation 4116E-HS and I did have a newer one as well that I have Gifted away like a few other NVR's that I own, and all of them were able to connect with no issue. In my 4216E-AI NVR that one is able to connect from and too in the same way and that is a newer as well different type NVR with same ability.

Also please note, That if you do a Search for the camera to do an Auto search rather then a Manual add the camera IP will only be found once. That is because the NVR sees the IP as a device already loaded and won't give it a second option so will have to add it in Manually.

Also at the end of this info. I don't want to leave you stuck on Zero Channel view lol. So in your ASP if you did the test anyway, Again bring up the menu of devices from the button on the top right, go to the NVR in question and again click on the NVR's name and now un toggle the Zero Channel. This will remove the view from being displayed on the ASP and you can put the NVR back in what ever View you had it setup in before looking at Zero Channel. If option of 1 and 2 it will open a different view if there was only a 0 option that would open the NVR GUI in a 16ch Grid. SO on the GUI setup back to what you have it setup on. Mine is 9ch Grid with the others set to tour on Event so I don't miss something on the other channels in 1 of my few Monitors for my Recorders view.
Be Safe.
zplugger

Post by zplugger »

Wow some good reading Revo2Maxx
Guess I did not totally understand networks, was thinking I had T-Mobile and that was my network. LOL You were right about the IP range, they were too far off. I called a friend last night for some help, He asked me what the nvr Ip were and then had me type in ipconfig on my computer to see what it was. I soon as I told him he knew the problem was Ip range. When I got my first NVR I plugged in into the T mobile router because it had two ports. The other port was for my computer, but over time I needed better wifi and more ethernet ports. So I bought a linksys mess system, it had 6 ports on back so toke the wire from computer to feed this router. Then added my computer to the new router. I then put a 8 port switch in basement to feed other devices. All was working great. My new NVR was plugged into the switch in basement making it on a different ip range. So my friend suggested plugging the house NVR in the switch and not the T mobile router. I did this and BINGO it all works perfect. I can move cameras to either nvr. My friend was so smart about this stuff, not sure how to thank him. My mess router is about 10 feet from the t mobile router so I will fish some cat6 wire and get both NVR's direct to the router and not switch in basement. I think this will make everything better,
both my routers are on a UPS, were the switch in basement is not. I will make sure both NVR's are on generator circuits. I have learn so much from you Revo2Maxx on this forum and watching your YouTube videos. You help so many people on the forum with all your knowledge, best part is you share it. So nice having two NVR's and all the cameras on one screen. Sure hope Amcrest apricates what you do for them, maybe a nice Christmas present from them would be nice.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Awesome, glad to hear you were able to solve the issue. Thank you for the kind words. Christmas a wonderful time of year. This will be my 5th Christmas helping on the Forum, Crazy how time flies by.
Be Safe.
zplugger

Post by zplugger »

I was just sitting here thinking about my setup and have a question. I use the NV4116 to monitor my cameras on separate monitor. If I have 4-4K cameras on the NV4116 and 4-4K on the NV4108 and add the 4 cameras from the NV4108 to the NV4116 for viewing does that put all the load on the NV4116 ? not sure it could run 8- 4K cameras. Can I set the cameras from the NV4108 to view on monitor only and do all its recording on its hard drive.