2 channels failed on AMDV10804. Bad Power supply?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
oboudreaux

2 channels failed on AMDV10804. Bad Power supply?

Post by oboudreaux »

Some time ago the feeds on the AMDV10804 became glitchy. I'm only now revisiting it.

Previously two channels showed black feeds at a low bit rate, one shows a garbled image, one is mostly clear with a couple of horizontal bands of interference. The feeds change when swapping around the connectors so I know the issue is in the DVR and not the cameras or wire.

I noticed the DVR's stock power supply (12v-2A) was extremely hot to the touch so I replaced it with another one I had on hand (12v-3A). Now the two channels that previously came in are clear and the other two are still black. Further, the HDD is no longer detected.

When switching back to the stock power supply, the HDD is recognized but the two previously clear channels degrade as before.

I took a look in the case; no scorching on the PCB. I tried subbing in a new HDD but I have the same issues. Sort of at a loss of where to go from here.
Melvin
Site Admin

Re: 2 channels failed on AMDV10804. Bad Power supply?

Post by Melvin »

Hi oboudreaux,

I think you already tried most of the troubleshooting seems to be power supply part, I would also recommend to check cameras power adopters.
Can't find your answer on the forum? Try our Knowledge Base! https://amcrest.zendesk.com/hc/en-us