"Invalid user name or password." for one IP5M-B1186E camera?

Have some questions or having issues with your DVR/NVR(s), Post them here for the mods and other users to assist you with.
timothy585

"Invalid user name or password." for one IP5M-B1186E camera?

Post by timothy585 »

I am NOT locked out of my NVR (NV4108E-HS), but I seem to be locked out of one of my cameras. The camera screen just displays "Invalid user name or password." I can view my other cameras just fine.

Is there a way to reset this camera to factory-default via the NVR web-interface management console? Or, do I have to physically reset the camera(IP5M-B1186E) somehow?

Thanks,
Tim
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: "Invalid user name or password." for one IP5M-B1186E camera?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Well not sure what type of thing you have going on. If this is yours or a clients system. I am just wondering why not just try to enter the cameras password into the NVR Camera page.

So lets say it is Ch6, In the WebUI or NVR GUI you can bring up the Camera Remote Config page where you would add in new cameras. At the bottom of that page is the location of connected devices. In that box it would show a bad password camera with a Red/Orange DOT.. Click the Pencil and enter the right password for the camera.

Now here is something you might want to think about as well. It could be as easy as the camera being new and the Port is trying to add in your normal password from the NVR. If that is the case then you would go to that area again click on the pencil and put in admin for the password. Then it should connect. So right off if the camera is older and you or your client has been using this camera before then it might have been changed to a password that failed to complete and so I would try admin the current password and the last password that was used and see if it comes to life. Don't take that the GREEN dot didn't come right away look at the screen..

One thing that I tell my friends that have password issues is to log into the NVR's WebUI and access the camera password for them because you have better control of entering the password over a keyboard rather then trying to use the mouse and on screen keyboard of the GUI.. Less likely to make a mistake on a keyboard.

Also if you put in the password to many times Just disconnect the camera count to 10 and connect it back and try again.

However if you don't know the password and all other attempts fail then I would say only ting that can be done is doing a Factory Reset of the camera with the Reset button on the camera if it has one.
Be Safe.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: "Invalid user name or password." for one IP5M-B1186E camera?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Be Safe.