Setting up to overwrite and remote format?

Introduce yourself to the Admins, Mods and the users of the Amcrest Forum. Welcome To Amcrest!
Dshow

Setting up to overwrite and remote format?

Post by Dshow »

Hi,
I have several Amcrest cameras. (IP3M-943B, IP4M-1026, IP2M-841, IP4M-1041B). The SD card is full on a couple and I can no longer view the playback... (I thought I had these set up to overwrite the oldest recording when the SD card was full... but I guess not...)
A couple of questions:
1) How can I set these up to overwrite the oldest recording when the SD card becomes full?
2) Since these are at a different location, is there a way to reformat the SD card via the Iphone app? (Since the SD card is full, I just want to delete all the recordings... the only way I know how to do this is to reformat the SD card.)

Thank you!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Setting up to overwrite and remote format?

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So if you have Remote access you would want to look at the information for your camera (Serial Number) and download the Amcrest Surveillance Pro to a computer, You can choose enable PC-NVR or not however you are looking for the ability to have real desktop access and that can be done using ASP.. Once you bring up ASP load in one of the cameras by pressing Devices, At the top press Add, Then give it a name, then next box you will want to change from IP to Serial Number. AKA P2P. Then you will want to give the SN, then user name and Password. Once you save it will take a few seconds for it to load. Once it loads in and shows green on your connected. Then at the top of the area click the + and not click DeviceCFG, then click on the camera depending on your connection speeds it can take a few seconds. Once you get that you want to go to Storage, HDD Manager. It will show your MSD and there will have Read/Write with a drop down arrow, drop down and choose format. Once you do it will reflect the new 0 used space and your device may reboot and it may not depending on the unit. Once the format is done it should go back to recording as normal.

Issue is that normally Overwrite is setup by default. However it seems that some devices just don't work well. Also no reason to change in Auto Maintain to overwirte every so often it seems that only makes it so you can't see any footage that is older then that the MSD is still filling up just if say you choose 5 days after 5 days you wouldn't be able to see anything that happen on the 6th day. So I wouldn't change that..
Be Safe.
Dshow

Post by Dshow »

Thank you very much!! Big help. I was able to add the remote cameras to ASP and reformat their SD cards.
So, I did not change anything regarding overwriting older files. I can reformat when they get full, but is there anything I should be doing differently?

Also, the version of ASP I was using was older. I downloaded the latest version. It looks like it has some new features... like face detection, heat map, and people count. Do any of these features work with my cameras? (IP3M-943B, IP4M-1026, IP2M-841, IP4M-1041B)

Last question... I believe I don't have this capability, but for any of my cameras that have PTZ, is it possible to set them up to continually sweep their surroundings?

Thanks again!
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

So the new features are for AI cameras. So No to the current list of cameras none of the features work for them..

About your cameras and doing a Sweep. Yes you can. However there is a few things you might want to keep in mind. One the little cameras while they are nice and work well while they are working. They are not a high dollar PTZ camera that have very high output long life motors and over time they will no longer function so it is really best to setup a Static Camera to view an area and on motion to bring that camera to a preset in that area.

To that here is some issues. 1 when you have it just pan or just sweep or however you want to setup, the issue is that while it is in motion most times it isn't recording, then if it detects something it don't stop and watch. So this brings me to issue 2, If you use a static camera to ptz camera to a preset to see that area there is no return home feature to get that camera back to the area of normal view.

These are features that are on higher end larger PTZ cameras. Not something added to the 841, 1041. The 1041 does have human follow and will return home once no longer there. Personally my V3 that has it or my ASH21 that has it, they don't work as well as I want them too so I don't use that function.
Be Safe.
Dshow

Post by Dshow »

Thank you. Makes sense. I will leave them alone.