Sales Process

Introduce yourself to the Admins, Mods and the users of the Amcrest Forum. Welcome To Amcrest!
TroyD

Sales Process

Post by TroyD »

Where to begin...

Two days ago, I went to the Amcrest website with the intention of ordering a couple of security cameras for our home. I found the ones I wanted and added them to my shopping cart. Meanwhile, I notice a little chat window with the enticement of promotional discounts...so I inquired, and was offered 10% off of my purchase. Great. So I ask for a coupon code so that I can finish checking out. Instead, I was informed that is not how it works, and I would have to provide all of my contact information including address, phone, and email in the chat window and I would get a call back from someone to get my payment information. I do so. An hour or so goes by and I notice that I have a missed call from an 800 number...no voice message, just a missed call from an unknown number. I call it and discover that it is general number for Amcrest (not a direct line to the agent). Since no message was left, nor did I receive an email with the chat agents info, I hang up figuring that they'll call back (it was an autobot answering the phone anyway). Nope. Finally today, I go back and see if I can get in touch with someone else and start over...instead, they transfer me back to the original agent who now says that the cameras I wanted are no longer in-stock. No ETA or any other help of any kind. I asked a few questions about where to go from here and was completely ignored (chat window open). Finally I re-enter my email, and asked for someone to contact me when they could fulfill my order (hoping that the chat transcript might be reviewed later by someone else) and the same agent responds "Sorry for the inconvenience"...and that's it. That's after 20 - 30 minutes of dead silence on their end. I also tried calling today to see if I could get a supervisor or someone to voice my frustration too, and got absolutely no where.

What would you do from here if you were me?

If this is the kind of support this company provides prior to a sale, I shudder to think of what it will be like if I have a problem afterwards.
amcrest168

Re: Sales Process

Post by amcrest168 »

hi @TroyD and welcome to the forum. are the cameras available through amazon? it's not unusual to find amcrest cameras that are priced lower in amazon than what are listed in the amcrest website. i think amcrest products are primarily sold through amazon for its supply chain and transportation network. would you mind sharing which amcrest cameras you were interested in purchasing?
patric

Post by patric »

All versions of the IP8M-T2499E have been out of stock on both Amazon and Amcrest for at least a month, for example. No notifications as to why or if they are discontinued.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Amcrestdirect has them on Ebay Referb for around 90 limited on White and 10 or more on Black just an idea
Here to help the best I can.
Be Safe
patric

Post by patric »

Only available on Ebay, is not a good sign.