Requesting help

Introduce yourself to the Admins, Mods and the users of the Amcrest Forum. Welcome To Amcrest!
ciaoguru

Requesting help

Post by ciaoguru »

Hello Guys,
I have Amcrest ProHD 1080P WiFi Wireless IP Security Camera - 1080P (1920TVL), IP2M-841 (White) just reinstalled. Since i got it i m not able to record video. Only way i can record video is “keep Amcrest app open and running and recording”. Once app is closed recording stoped it self. I have tried “recording schedule” no luck.

Q1- dose this camera recored on SD card ?
Q2-if yes how? (Please step by step guide)

Thanks
Best Regards.
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: Requesting help

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and Welcome to the forum.

If you have a 841 there is a slot on the back that is marked with a Micro SD image right under the External Audio in and out. However if you have the V3 then that slot is on the head that tilts up and down when you use the Pan and Tilt Feature. You would need to unplug the camera, remove from base if you have it mounted for best access. Then tilt head to where the lens is facing the sky and the slot should now be facing forward. Put the card in there and mount and power back on. You can do it without removing from mount I just find it easier to be able to hold it and move it so I can get the card put in.. On the back of the V3 is a Reset button and Ethernet cable slot and Power C USB to plug in the power. The V1 and V2 have a small round power slot..

So to setup recording. it is best to log into the cameras WebUI, then go to setup, then event, then setup the motion grid area and setup for recording and snapshots. Once that is done click on the Storage area, then click on Destination, click on SD card at the top, and Format the Micro Sd for the camera even if it is showing the right size make sure to format so it can use it. Click on Schedule and setup for Motion and Alarm if Full time Recording is setup remove that unless you want to fill up a card daily. If you want to change from recording full 1080 down to VGA then you can do so under Record Control. However I would personally just leave all that the way it was setup out of the box..

Then for me anyway. I always after setting things up I reboot the camera, SO go to System, Auto Maintain and then do a maual Reboot. However if you want to choose when your camear reboots I would setup that before you do a Reboot and I always pick 12am or 1am daily..
Be Safe.