New member with old DVR

Introduce yourself to the Admins, Mods and the users of the Amcrest Forum. Welcome To Amcrest!
Pogo

Re: New member with old DVR

Post by Pogo »

The 720p cameras will work. You will really like the DV8M8 if you choose to go that route. I'm primarily a Blue Iris user, but also love my DV8M8.

Bear in mind, it is an 'xvr' and can handle both analog and IP cameras simultaneously for a total of 12 active channels, not just 8. This makes it a very flexible platform for growing from an older system to a modern IP or hybrid setup at whatever pace suits your needs and budget.

And do yourself a favor and buy at least one newer camera as a comparison. I'd recommend one (or a couple) of these for starters. You'll be quite surprised at the quality for thirty bucks. https://www.amazon.com/Amcrest-Security ... 0_2_t&th=1

I'm expecting one of their 4k/8MP versions to be delivered today and am pretty excited to see how it plays compared to a 4k Reolink 811A IP camera.

The system is not without bandwidth and resolution limitations, but once you understand how things work together and where the 'give and take' areas are, you'll be amazed at its flexibility. Not too many other units that can run a 320p and a 4K camera side by side and just about anything else in between -- for around a hundred and twenty bucks minus the HDD if your current one still has some miles left.

Good luck!