New member with backup and smartplayer questions

Introduce yourself to the Admins, Mods and the users of the Amcrest Forum. Welcome To Amcrest!
lostinthebackyard

New member with backup and smartplayer questions

Post by lostinthebackyard »

Hi everyone,
I just set up my new dvr, an amdv8m16-h5. having trouble figuring out the back-up process and the smartplayer. I was wondering if there are some tutorials I can watch, or threads I should search for that address these questions. i have been able to snip sections of recordings and back them up, but it seems hit and miss. Sometimes it tells me that I have not selected a device, even though my usb is listed right at the top. After selecting 2 cameras to record clips from, it only seems to back up one of them at a time. I found the smartplayer automatically loads to my usb when I back up, but even though it shows options for multiple windows, it doesn't seem like i can select more than one at a time to play back. are there any resources you can direct me to to understand how these systems are supposed to work? The manual was k for setup but operation is not really addressed.

thanks,
lostinthebackyard
Revo2Maxx
Site Admin

Re: New member with backup and smartplayer questions

Post by Revo2Maxx »

Hello and welcome to the Forum...

I am not sure how that is done on any of my Amcrest Units... Because when I click on say ch4 and 5 and then they are both playing back I click on the Clip start, and clip end when I click the save only Ch4 will show that it is going to save.. While my other unit from another brand I can clip and both will export when it prompts me to export them.. So on my Amcrest I always have done them 1 ch at a time.. My other Recorder from other company also only has 1 timeline while in this playback of the 2 cameras however on prompt it will show both ch4 and ch5 as being exported and seeing they are both same camera type and camera encoding the export size for them is also the same..

About playing them back together again not something I have done on the Amcrest as I always only play 1 file at a time.. Looking up Amcrest Videos on youtube I didn't find any of the uploaded they have with any multi export feature
Be Safe.
jack7

Re: New member with backup and smartplayer questions

Post by jack7 »

lostinthebackyard wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:17 pm Hi everyone,
I just set up my new dvr, an amdv8m16-h5. having trouble figuring out the back-up process and the smartplayer. I was wondering if there are some tutorials I can watch, or threads I should search for that address these questions. i have been able to snip sections of recordings and back them up, but it seems hit and miss. Sometimes it tells me that I have not selected a device, even though my usb is listed right at the top. After selecting 2 cameras to record clips from, it only seems to back up one of them at a time. I found the smartplayer automatically loads to my usb when I back up, but even though it shows options for multiple windows, it doesn't seem like i can select more than one at a time to play back. are there any resources you can direct me to to understand how these systems are supposed to work? The manual was k for setup but operation is not really addressed.
thanks,
lostinthebackyard
Backup:
Look at page 62 of your DVR user manual. A link to user manual is located in Documentation section at
https://amcrest.com/4k-16ch-video-secur ... 16-h5.html

Smart Player:
https://support.amcrest.com/hc/en-us/ar ... art-Player
After installation, you should find the Player User's Guide.pdf in the folder where Smart Play program is installed. It's not a very intuitive program.